Preventing pulled pork from drying during reheating....

DirtyDirty00

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I made a nice batch of pulled pork for my buddy to have as a special at the hockey rink snack bar.

He vac sealed a few pouches to freeze. He heats em up in boiling water. However after the day he refridgerates the leftovers and heats em back up (not in boiled pouches bc its not in a pouch anymore). He says it starts to dry out tho.

I gave it to him with no sauce n told him to serve sauce on side as an option. I sprinkled some Chris Lilly vinegar mop on the full batch before he picked it up.

What's a way to reheat leftovers without drying? Should I just tell him to mix a little sauce before heating? A little more vinegar mop?

I just microwave it, do it all the time. I put it in the bowl, spray a little water on it and cover it with a wet paper towel. Moist and juicy. Just add some water or apple juice to it.

Same here. I nuke it and it comes out just fine

I still like the frying pan or electric skillet. Throw a handfull in and squirt some apple juice or put a apple juice ice cube in and cover or dome it so the steam heats it up.

I made a nice batch of pulled pork for my buddy to have as a special at the hockey rink snack bar.

He vac sealed a few pouches to freeze. He heats em up in boiling water. However after the day he refridgerates the leftovers and heats em back up (not in boiled pouches bc its not in a pouch anymore). He says it starts to dry out tho.

I gave it to him with no sauce n told him to serve sauce on side as an option. I sprinkled some Chris Lilly vinegar mop on the full batch before he picked it up.

What's a way to reheat leftovers without drying? Should I just tell him to mix a little sauce before heating? A little more vinegar mop?
Bag it in portion sizes and heat it in the bag in hot water.

If he puts in say, quart sized zip-lock freezer bags and reheats those in hot water, it should keep it from drying it out.

Yup....when we do have the occasion to have left overs after we reheat a vacuum sealed bag, we just keep it in "tupperware" and reheat in the microwave with a little water or AJ in the container prior to reheating. Yummy as ever!

Ok...so I just deleted what I think about the idiotic process of your friend reheating pork multiple times and selling it to the public. My opinion of that process was not coming across in a nice way no matter how I typed it. It was better deleted (see? I CAN be nice, guys.)

Tell your friend to use smaller bags when storing for use. You'd think that would be common sense. :rolleyes:

I never put vinegar sauce on before freezing. I only put it on after defrost and reheat. It does not break the pp down excessively and helps with the moisture.

Back