MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Smoker101
On the road to being a farker

Default Iq110 for weber kettle

i am looking to buy a weber performer and i was looking at the iq110 and it says that it will mount to it....well i understand on how it will mount onto the WSM down at the bottom with the daisy wheel vent, but the performer vent on the bottom has the three oblong vents.. am i not under standing something or what i want to know how it works before i blow the bucks.. thanks and i love this site.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Saiko
is Blowin Smoke!

I have an iQue 110 that I haven't installed on my WSM yet, but I do have the instruction booklet. For the kettle instructions, it states:
1. Tape up the bottom vent in back and one side, leaving the front vent open.
2. Place toggle nut through open vent on bottom.

They supply you with a couple of strips of foil tape that you use to tape over the two vents that you aren't using.

That being said, if you have the ash catcher with the pot, that will have to be removed, as the hose from the fan will have no way to get to the air manifold.

The second video on the iQue 110 website linked below shows how it is installed on a kettle:
http://www.pitmasteriq.com/Gallery.html
"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."
Saiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

There is a device like this that comes with the IQ110

It covers 1 of the three vent holes in the circular vent at the botton of the grill and the others are taped off with metal tape.

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Does the performer have the circular vent at the bottom? My OTG does not... it has the three slits where the ash rake / vent controller moves the ashes out into the catch pan...

Old 07-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
Smoker101

thats kool on how that works. the only bad thing is you need to buy lots of high temp tape if you want to use it for more then just smoking. but i guess you cant win all the fights right.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
Saiko
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSetzler View Post
Does the performer have the circular vent at the bottom? My OTG does not... it has the three slits where the ash rake / vent controller moves the ashes out into the catch pan...
I may be wrong, but I believe all weber 22" kettles have the same three slots/slits for vents. That circular air adapter shown fits over one of the vents, the other two are covered with high temp tape as mentioned.
"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."
Saiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #7
Smoker101

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSetzler View Post
no the performer is just like the OTG, it just sits in a stand and is lit by propane.

Tags
weber kettle mods