Buffet Line for 200

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just wondering how others do it, we usually just do a double sided buffet line but I am wondering if we should be setting up two double sided buffet tables to run guests through faster. How do you set them up?

Just did a wedding reception with one double line (150 guests)
As long you have a method to retain hot food... no problem.

200 should go fine thru a double sided table as long as your keeping it restocked.

That 2nd table requires quite a bit of extra cost.

200 should go fine thru a double sided table as long as your keeping it restocked.

That 2nd table requires quite a bit of extra cost.

^+1 I agree

Call them up by tables to keep control of line length on the first servings. This also allow you to have a pause for restocking without long lines in waiting.

+2 on double line buffet with means to restock and table call. And that there is some cost to second table set up. I do offer something to ponder. I cook for Brandywine convention center and run 500+ parties. Have found it easier, for us, to run single line set ups. We can restock with out shuffling between people to pull a pan out of a chafer that drips hot water and loading in a full hot pan. Single long line its maintained opposite of the line of people out of thier way. Its a given that we have room and equipment for this though.

Back