First Batch of Ribs on MJH

speers90

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Couldn't let a little snow/rain mix stop me from throwing a batch of ribs in the MJH for a trial run this afternoon. You are looking at 6 racks of St. Louis Cut Spares and 1 rack of Spare Ribs, that are getting happy. I hope my neighbors enjoy the ribs tonight!
picture.php

Fine looking ribs. Looks like that new smoker is working well

Yeah it is, they turned out pretty fantastic even for my own ridiculously high standards!

But overnight Saturday is when we will really put it to the test with 8 butts and a brisket. More adventures to come!

With the looks of those racks, they'll be eatin good.

I think they liked them! One has already requested to be on the list when the next rib cook takes place and another neighbor I just have a standing request from: whenever I cook something he wants some!

I don't do it to make money, but they are good neighbors and make sure my costs are covered.

I apologize, I didn't stop to take any pics when they were coming off the cooker. I am awful at remembering to take pics when stuff is finished.

Lookin great! What did you do with the trimmings? I've only recently been cutting my own SL's and managed to stockpile a few pounds of trim pretty quick. Cooked them all last weekend and they were really a hit, my boys like them better than the ribs!

Lookin great! What did you do with the trimmings? I've only recently been cutting my own SL's and managed to stockpile a few pounds of trim pretty quick. Cooked them all last weekend and they were really a hit, my boys like them better than the ribs!

I bought these from Restaurant Depot already cut down to St. Louis. If I buy whole spares, I just cook them as is.

Back