Best way to clean ceramic on Kamado

Esharpe

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Primo Jr and the outer black ceramic, picks up ash, I wipe it off with a damp sponge when the unit is cold, but the ceramic , looks like there is a film on it, is there a preferred way to make it look shiny new again, or just soap and water. Anyone have a preferred method/product to clean the outside of their Kamado ?

I use THIS on my KJ. Just spray it on let it sit a few mins then wipe with a cloth, works great. I've also used Windex which works well.

I also like to do this when it's a little warm, beginning or end of cooks.

Light up a high heat fire 500* or so or a bit higher. It turns white like new. Make sure not to crisp up the gaskets though

Organic vegetable wash and nylon sponge or rub with lemon and soft rag. Nothing abrasive.

Yes I meant the outside, inside is black for good, at least the dome is ...
liner is white after a couple of pizzas at 600 or so, I have a hi-temp gasket :-D
I will try the lemon for sure, trying to avoid any chemicals, thank you.

1/2 cup white vinegar and a gallon of water. Use lemon on the tougher stains. Use leftovers to clean tile floors, coffee pots, windows etc

Light up a high heat fire 500* or so or a bit higher. It turns white like new. Make sure not to crisp up the gaskets though.

Back