Spring-cleaning

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy folks...

I gave Suzy-Q some TLC today, cleaned her up with a pressure washer and removed the small makrs of winter.

After 2 Hours of cleaning and a good seasoning and hot burn in she was standing there proud and shiny again.

In three weeks i´ll have to cater a party with 80-90 people, and now shes ready for that.

57_suzy080308_001_Small_1.jpg

flames1ms3.gif

Off course i didnt miss this opportunity to do a little cooking.
Split a 5 pound pork loin roast in half and marinated one half in Dizzy Pigs "Jamaican Firewalk" and Jamaican dark Rum.
I cut open the other half , filled with seasoned creamcheese and Bacon bits, rolled it up again, tied it and rubbed with texasbbqrub.

All of a sudden a rack of loin ribs showed up, and i gave that one a quick marinade of Bob Tallman´s "Panhandle Pepper" (Amazing peppery rub with an orange zang) and a plash of Jack Daniels.

Here we go.

57_suzy080308_011_Small_1.jpg

57_suzy080308_012_Small_1.jpg

57_suzy080308_013_Small_1.jpg

57_suzy080308_014_Small_1.jpg

The meat is on the smoker as we speak and i cant wait for it to be done.

Stay tuned !

DM

Roasts are almost done (130 F) and i just put the ribs in foil.

57_suzy080308_016_Small_1.jpg

57_suzy080308_017_Small_1.jpg

DM

Good looking food. Looks like she is ready to get down and dirty again.

how does that cream cheese and bacon taste in the loin? Do you get the cheesy goodness or does it actually flavor the loin?

how does that cream cheese and bacon taste in the loin?

Flavour is awesome but doesnt penetrate the meat very much. Thats why i didnt stuff it but butterfly the roast and roll it up so you get a spiral pattern inside.
The Bacon Flavour spreads all through the cheese.
Next time im gonna add a bit of the rub to the cream cheese.

DM

Very nice DM...very nice! :p Great pics as well! :biggrin:

Everything looks great brother... I've missed seeing your pron!!! Glad you are back posting some great looking eats.

Way to go DM, chow is looking fine and the cooker too:cool:

Nice looking loins! Used some of the jamaican firewalk on a loin a couple of weeks ago.....they go great together!

Is that GREY thermapen very fast? Red is best you know.

Good looking grub and good looking cooker.

Nice looking smoker, and good looking grub! How nice for those ribs to show up when they did!

Nice looking loins! Used some of the jamaican firewalk on a loin a couple of weeks ago.....they go great together!

Add some dark rum and it gets even better. :cool:

DM

Good looking setup there DM. Did you ship that over with you?

Back