March Madness Cook

What is porchetta?

Porchetta is basically a rolled up pork belly. Generally done with Italian type seasonings, but works just as well with BBQ rub. I score the meat side deeply and the fat side less so. Rub down with anything, roll into a cylinder fat side out and tie it up. You can roast or smoke it. I like to go to about 170-180. Any higher and it starts to fall apart when you slice it. Use for sandwiches or serve as is. The best part is the leftovers. Slice and sauté like bacon. Hard to mess up like pork butt and always a fan favorite. It’s very rich though, so eat in moderation!

Going to be some good eating at your place!

Looking good J! Those peppers look killer! :grin:

Everything ready but the ribs and they’re on the home stretch. It was a two cigar kind of afternoon. Might have tested the missus’ patience a little though. Didn’t quite pull my weight with the childcare responsibilities. And since all she sees is me staring at the 270 doing all of the work, my previous excuse of “I’m tending to the smokers” is sounding more and more dubious to her. I’m pretty much guaranteed to be doing all of the clean up!

Last edited:
YUM!!! Show me a piece of that porchetta sliced please.....

Sure looks like you whipped up some good food for the family.

Hope you've caught a couple of glimpses at the games, as there have been a couple of barn burners (especially the Duke v UCF matchup)!

You are a good Writer JJ - I enjoy reading your style -
and - HE HE HE - pretty good looking food as well!

Oh yeah! Way to go. BTW I'm on my third cigar today. :heh:

Back