First Ribs of the season

cfi1234

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Now that Spring has reached Southern California, I decided to cook the first ribs of the season and my first set of ribs on my Mak!

Attachments

• 3C7BDCC6-C6BB-4CD1-B7C8-A168AE4151AF.jpg
    3C7BDCC6-C6BB-4CD1-B7C8-A168AE4151AF.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 61661C01-5847-4D09-9107-3C5DAC4A3F65.jpg
    61661C01-5847-4D09-9107-3C5DAC4A3F65.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 272
  • D6F7E3EC-ADD7-4B5A-88A0-9208F54D0DE7.jpg
    D6F7E3EC-ADD7-4B5A-88A0-9208F54D0DE7.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 272
Looks great. Planning on ribs on the Yoder tomorrow.

You prefer them to your barrel cookers? I need to do a side by side so I can compare them to each other directly.

Yes! While barrel ribs are good Imho it’s a night and day difference. I am not the only one either with my brother, dad, friends telling me the pellet ribs have been my best yet. As a matter of fact my bro specifically asked for tomorrow’s ribs be coked on the Yoder.

They come out perfect each time

EM1AEvHh.jpg

8cEqaTxh.jpg

Last edited:
Yes! While barrel ribs are good Imho it’s a night and day difference. I am not the only one either with my brother, dad, friends telling me the pellet ribs have been my best yet. As a matter of fact my bro specifically asked for tomorrow’s ribs be coked on the Yoder.

They come out perfect each time

EM1AEvHh.jpg

8cEqaTxh.jpg

Thanks, and oh BTW, I found those beef ribs at the Business Costco in Commerce...thanks again

Nice looking bones! My biggest problem anymore is finding nice ribs that are actually worth cooking. Too many places around me are selling lousy ribs. Small/skinny/shiners etc, etc..

Restaurant Depot hasn't been much better. They had a good price on STL ribs last weekend. The 6 racks on the shelf had nasty yellow fat..not off white--ugly bright yellow. When I asked if I could open a box, they couldn't find a manager to get permission, so I didn't stick around. :roll:

Nice looking bones! My biggest problem anymore is finding nice ribs that are actually worth cooking. Too many places around me are selling lousy ribs. Small/skinny/shiners etc, etc..

Restaurant Depot hasn't been much better. They had a good price on STL ribs last weekend. The 6 racks on the shelf had nasty yellow fat..not off white--ugly bright yellow. When I asked if I could open a box, they couldn't find a manager to get permission, so I didn't stick around. :roll:

I have been finding some good ones at Costco lately...

Back