MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-21-2020, 06:44 AM   #16
viking72
is one Smokin' Farker

Lang

Old 02-21-2020, 07:55 AM   #17
creek bottom
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Joe

Custom Pits & Fab in Watkinsville isn't that far from you. They have some pretty solid trailers in your price range and lead times shouldn't be bad. I'm well pleased with my A1 for the money that I spent...

A1 Competition Smoker; Meadow Creek 96; Oklahoma Joe's Bronco (gone but not forgotten); Weber 26" & 22" Kettles; Camp Chef XXL Pellet Smoker; Blackstone 22" Portable; Weber 300 Series Gasser; Masterbuilt 30" Electric Cabinet
creek bottom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2020, 08:01 AM   #18
Bigpappa1
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Zachary

There is a beautiful Shirley 24x50 round body on a trailer for sale in Arkansas. You MIGHT even be able to get it for a steal if you played it right. Something tells me Paul might like for it to have a new owner...PM me for details...
Bigpappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2020, 08:16 AM   #19
West River BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post
Depending on what you plan on cooking I would personally expand that budget (just a bit, even if you have to wait a couple of months)...
Welcome to the forum. Just a warning, it can get expensive to be part of the brethren.

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-21-2020, 10:34 AM   #20
Country
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
Welcome aboard! The Brethren like to spend folks money.
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Scroll down to the lower left. Adjust the timeline from 10 days to weeks/months. Then show results.
There are quite a few trailer smokers that are forsale. Some are not reverse flow. Are you set on reverse flow?
Check it daily.
I feel like I am sold on reverse flow. Never cooked on one but seems like the way to go. What is your opinion on the difference
Country is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2020, 10:36 AM   #21
Country
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpappa1 View Post
There is a beautiful Shirley 24x50 round body on a trailer for sale in Arkansas. You MIGHT even be able to get it for a steal if you played it right. Something tells me Paul might like for it to have a new owner...PM me for details...
Thats a long ways from me. I'm willing to go 4 to 5 hrs for pickup.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:38 AM   #22
Country
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West River BBQ View Post
Welcome to the forum. Just a warning, it can get expensive to be part of the brethren.
Lol, sounds about right. I prolly fit right in. I like spending other people's money too!

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-21-2020, 11:35 AM   #23
pharp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpappa1 View Post
I have messaged about this smoker several times. It is 45 minutes from me, but it constantly appears/disappears off marketplace, so I am nervous something is going on.
pharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-21-2020, 11:45 AM   #24
SweetHeatBBQnSC
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Joedy

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on becoming a brethren. I have never heard anything bad about a Lang from anyone I have met that has one. If it is that close to you it is hard to go in another direction.
Isaiah 41:10-Chunky Dunks BBQ-Competition Team
Propane Whole Hog Cooker
Grill Master Gasser--(Deceased)
Weber Kettle 22"(Hoyt)
WSM 22.5"(Bertha)
RecTeq 590(Fancy)
Blackstone 17" griddle
O.G. Barrel Charcoal Grill--(Chicken Graveyard)
[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Clemson Orange Thermapen Mk4[/B][/COLOR]
SweetHeatBBQnSC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #25
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Meadow Creek makes a good one See if you are near a dealer
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2020, 01:25 PM   #26
Bigpappa1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharp View Post
I have messaged about this smoker several times. It is 45 minutes from me, but it constantly appears/disappears off marketplace, so I am nervous something is going on.
Good call. Given the background that I know that might be par for the course. Too bad. I bet that's a great cooker if it's actually out there...

Old 02-21-2020, 01:32 PM   #27
Bigpappa1

These guys are in Watkinsville, GA. Not sure how far that is from you. I've looked at their stuff before. It looks like good quality...

http://www.custompits.com/

Old 02-21-2020, 05:17 PM   #28
East Tennessee Smoker
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : John

I was half owner of a Black Warrior smoker. Cherokee model I believe. Fire box on the front with tall cabinet above with a 60" barrel and charcoal grill on the rear. It worked great built very solid and they have some in that price range.
East Tennessee Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2020, 08:04 PM   #29
rm41400
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Ry

These guys are kind of near to you.

I see their Craigslist adds and wondered if anyones checked them out. Price seems right

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/bfs...052133949.html

Edit- I see they just got linked above :)
Santa Maria 42”
rm41400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2020, 06:38 AM   #30
Country
Found some matches.

Thanks guys. I have never heard of Shirley Fabrication until here. With the wait times its out of the question for now. However, I have watched nearly every you tube vid of theirs and will have one oneday.

Before posting I was leaning towards the HBT Ultimate game day with a lot of reservations do to the fact that it seems you get a lot for your money. Just seems to good to be true kinda thing. Some of you guys have recommended similar smokers from different builders so that is encouraging.

Lots have said Lang. And while I do understand that Lang is a tank, at the price point I am at I feel like I would not get everything I need.

What I need? I need a cooker that can cook large capacities of food, different foods at different temps, being able to hold foods and get my stuff to the event. With that being said the HBT Ultimate Game day checks a lot of boxes. So I am leaning heavy that direction.

I didn't want to mention the direction I was leaning to start with because I didn't want the thread to be a one is better than the other thread. Now that you guys know what I'm thinking is there anything that I am missing? Thanks for all the input and if anybody wants to sell a Shirley Smoker just quietly shoot me a private message��.

Thanks again guys!