• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Compact Chimney Starter

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JtLxQrT1Y"]Rapidfire Chimney Starter - YouTube[/ame]

Weber is releasing a new line of accessories this month and I found this video this morning on the new compact chimney starter which looks really good for small grills and starting up smaller amounts of charcoal for minion method burns...

Cool. I wonder what the diameter is. The regular chimney starter is great for lighting up small amounts of charcoal too, though this one looks more compact/portable. And really I rarely use my regular chimney to light a full load ever. Hopefully the hardware stores will start carrying them :-D.

Great little chimney, i've had mine for a couple months now.

DIMS:

Compact: 10.5 x 8 x 5.8 inches

Regular: 13.2 x 8.2 x 12.7 inches

I should be getting mine this week. :whoo:

I've been lusting after Phubar's Phor a while now. I looked around and never saw any, but it popped up on Amazon in the past couple weeks and I ordered it. Great for the WGA, Smokey Joe, etc. :thumb:

I don't get it. I've never had a problem with only putting in how much charcoal I actually want to ignite into my standard chimney. There's no reule that says you have to fill it up right? What's the point?

:doh:

Never mind.......just another reason to get another toy. I get it now. :roll:

7a532667bbb98163369e2365a02e4d46_zps4835872f.jpg

I don't get it. I've never had a problem with only putting in how much charcoal I actually want to ignite into my standard chimney. There's no reule that says you have to fill it up right? What's the point?

:doh:

Never mind.......just another reason to get another toy. I get it now. :roll:

Bingo! :clap2:

Love the smaller size. I'm going to get one for Michael. It will be perfect for his mini WSM. Thanks, John! :thumb:

I'm thinking this might be especially useful for Craycort CI owners if it can fit through the opening when one quadrant section of cooking grate is removed.

I'm going to get one. You can light up less charcoal in the larger one, but I find it somewhat unwieldy and takes up more space.

What I am more interested in though is the table shown in the video. Where can I get one of those??

I want one. One windy days here, I sometimes have issues using my big chimney for small, Minion Method loads. The narrower diameter should help pack the small number of coals tighter.

CD

I got one for Christmas. Thank you Santa!

Where it really shines is how quickly I can fire up a small amount of coals. To fire up half a chimney (perfect amount of KB to do Minion method in my mini WSM) only takes five minutes using the Touch N Go on the Performer.

I have not done a side by side against the big chimney with equal amounts of coals in both to see if it is faster, but my informal impression so far says it is. I know it definitely is for the small amounts I use for minion method for the mini.

turn the big one upside down. fill with charcoal. put paper under and light.
i also have an older smaller cheapy chimney that i use for small burns.
i can see the need for most, just not for me. yet.

Back