New To Me Cooker SOB

I like them things - kinda like an Assassin Grill..........with a Meat Monster Internal firebox........and a Matt's Pits Chicken Cooker.........

Found a used one in Lubbock a while back for a fantastic price. When I went to pick it up the bottom was almost completely rusted through. He had been burning mesquite splits in it... Not sure why he chose not to use the charcoal tray. I tried to find them online. It appears they have quit building them?

Patience. They're out there. No wheels oldest. Two wheels next. 4 wheels newest. Kind of like looking for a barn find Trans Am. Look every day or post a want to buy. You'll score. Worth the wait

CL aside, are they still making new ones? You're cooks look awesome but I can't find anything online in terms of being able to buy one

I’m not sure. They closed their bbq store. Tiernan is an industrial manufacturer for the grain industry. I’ve heard they will and won’t make a custom SOB. Mr Tiernan sold hundreds locally and donated cookers locally to raffles fund raisers etc. the 34&48 are most commonly seen on CL but the occasional rare offset and 24-30 show up. I’ve a friend in Ft Worth bought a 30 via CL from Houston and the offset SUS via CL Amarillo. I’ve a friend sold his 48 in two hours via CL 425$.

I have bought 3 in my BBQ career
48 new 325$ raffle win that man/woman didn’t want
24 CL 250 and had Tiernan refurbish
34 CL 250 in excellent condition/ need to wire wheel and touch up exterior-minor

There’s a 1985 edition 34 no wheels- odd thermometer on CL. I wanted and waited for 4 wheels and the 3” thermometer. But especially the wheels. It’ll give you a starting comparison.

I’m probably off a little but seems like last advertised prices I saw wer 7-800 for the 34 and 8-900$ for the 48.

Just saw a FB post from Champion BBQ Supply (Amarillo, TX) that the SOB was back and that they (Champion) were the exclusive dealer. They are suppose to have some in store on Monday, I will check it out.

Just saw a FB post from Champion BBQ Supply (Amarillo, TX) that the SOB was back and that they (Champion) were the exclusive dealer. They are suppose to have some in store on Monday, I will check it out.

9a589f623e8c065ee87920283f26f8ce.jpg

Very cool. If you make It please take a photo of the badge plate. Curious to know the number. I had my 48” approximately 20 years (2wheels). Sold it for more than I paid for it. Not much think 440-475. Took three large cowboys to load.

Oh yeah! Knew you would come to your senses. And how could you be in the dog house after you thinned the herd so much???

She’s really not fussing to much. Kind of scary

She's at Dillards right now. Then James Avery. Buying doesn't bother me, "shopping" is worrisome ��

Back