Yes...another newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

roknrandy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself since I've been lurking around here for 3 months. I've read allot of the material here and the 101 info (It's really great!!). I've just gotten into art form and with all the information you all have posted about various subjects, I've done my first pork butt and it was fantastic thanks to all of you!! I've banished the gas grill for a Charbroil Silver Smoker (starting simply) and have gotten the material together to start all the mods that are needed to improve its performance.

I just wanted to say the amount of information here and the willingness to help others is amazing.

Thanks in advance, Randy

Randy, Welcome Brother! It's way cool you had a good first outing, you're hooked, so you're in the right place.

Welcome Randy! This is definitely the place to learn about Q. Hang around and you will definitely make a friend or two!!!

Welcome aboard! I mostly lurk but have learned a lot from this site. also a great place for inappropriate humor!

Welcome aboard Randy. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's the Brithren way.

Welcome aboard Randy. So what's going to be your first project? I mean what cut(s) of meat are you planning on tackling first?

Randy... you got a silver smoker.. so if you havent allready found it, there is a file in our files section for the mods to the horizontal smokers. I started out with a hondo, slightly bigger than the SS, but the same design so put i up the file with the required mods i did. If ya need help with the mods jsut gimme shout.

And welcome!

racer_81 said:
brdbbq said:
also a great place for inappropriate humor!

Not us. :roll: Welcome to the group.

Randy must be talking about Bill.

Welcome to The Brethren Randy!

You'll find out, Randy, that Bill's sense of humor is quite timely, and in my case, is eeriely similar to my own. It's freaky.

And, as is the case with most all brothers, we tend to "tweak" one another from time to time. It's all part of keeping things light while sharing info and learning and sharing experiences.

Speaking of sharing experiences, I sure hope Bill didn't take a camera.....

:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back