MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
HuskerMan
Full Fledged Farker

Default Buy or Build vending/Catering trailer?

Considering on getting into vending/catering as a side/part time gig. This trailer would also be used for comps. I need to get ahold of the HD and get all the specifics. I already have a good idea of what is needed from talking with others in the area. I can see advantages on going either way. Building I already have an old camper frame I can use as the base and I can build it how I want it. I could probably build it cheaper as long as you don't factor in any of my time, etc. Buying it would definitely have it up and going faster and be less of a hassle but I would have to finance it which I don't really want to do.

If you had to do one or the other would you buy or build a trailer?
HuskerMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

What time frame for completion are you looking at?

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
HuskerMan
Full Fledged Farker

I don't necessarily have a time frame. I just know it has been something I have wanted to do for about two years now and am finally getting to the point where I want to take the leap of faith. In fact I might be better off not having a complete unit for another year as my current house doesn't have any extra room to store a trailer.
HuskerMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
spinningwheel
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
In fact I might be better off not having a complete unit for another year as my current house doesn't have any extra room to store a trailer.
Seems to me like you just answered your own question. Since I'm always willing to add my 2 cents here goes:

I'd build my own if it were my choice. There's a crap load of information here among the bretheren and on the wwweb to aid in design and build ideas and you can give it the little 'mods' that make it your own as you fabricate it. There are a lot of manufacturers that have great products, but they're built for more of a specialized mass market and they're just not 'yours' until you make the little tweaks that make the unit into what your imagination wants.

Like I said, just my 2 cents worth...

spinner