Anticipation!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
I put a waygu brisket into the pit this morning around 10. Was an extra that I froze from the American royal.

Figure 8 hours for a 16lb'er running hot(280-290).. Planning on dinner at 6, maybe 7. So, its cranking along all day.. check in at 4 to see how its doing.. color is perfect, smells awesome.. check temps.. 166..ok.. not bad.. check at 530..168:wacko:..fark.. stalled.. check at 630.. still tight..176 and the bark is getting to dark.. :twitch: I hate wrapping, and I am friggin starving waiting all day for this dino turd, and its making be wrap! ugh.... its shouldnt be long... but there is no guarantee that the pics will make it up before my belly fills up. :biggrin1:

i threatened it...

30 minutes or it finds itself in a microwave.

its thru the stall and in the 190s, but still feels tight... its gonna need a rest.. Its been wrapped for over an hour and the fire was dying down after opening the vents up and pushing temps to 320.... so ef'it.. I brought it in and put it in the oven at 325 to finish quick.. and then rest. looks like it will be closer to 8. I sliced a chunk off the corner of the point to try.. ugh.. beef flavored rubber band.:mmph:

i threatened it...

30 minutes or it finds itself in a microwave.

its thru the stall and in the 190s, but still feels tight... its gonna need a rest.. Its been wrapped for over an hour and the fire was dying down after opening the vents up and pushing temps to 320.... so ef'it.. I brought it in and put it in the oven at 325 to finish quick.. and then rest. looks like it will be closer to 8. I sliced a chunk off the corner of the point to try.. ugh.. beef flavored rubber band.:mmph:

Thank you for the transparent honesty. It's encouraging for a novice like me to know that even a pro like yourself can get the runaround from a hunk of beef on occasion too....

its out..Still feels a little tight, but letting it rest under a blanket right now.. will know in about 30 minutes. :)

nom nom nom
nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom
nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom
nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

nom

nom nom nom nom nom nom

nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

no pics? i call BS! lol:caked:

dude..pictures? :caked: i been waiting for 3 hours for this thing to be done.. and ya know what.. it looked like....

a brisket! :clap:

I didnt use it at the royal because the flat was really thin. There was no way it would have survived going against briskets there.

it had great taste.. i used butchers texas rub, which looked a little light on pepper, so I mixed it 50/50 with tragers blackened saskatchewan rub.. seems (thats a nice combo.. but honestly I have had choice briskeys that were much better than this one and dont cost 100 bucks, but like I said, it was thin, and frozen for 3 months

so, for you picture... choose one: :decision::decision:

get out camera, find garnish, slice brisket, video tape juices, place gently in plate with perfect alignment, get some veggies in there for color, realign plate, take 9 pictures to get the best angle, post it,

then sit down and eat cold brisket... (not that thats that bad)..

OR

Slice off point, return to oven, slice up flat, put in plate and chow down.. when your done, take picture with crappy phone camera of the leftovers, email it to self, and maybe post later. :biggrin1:

:biggrin1: :bow:

Back