Roll Call. Inside 30 days. New Jersey State Barbecue Championship, North Wildwood, NJ - July 10 - 12, 2009

hopefully we will redeem ourselves after a REALLY bad showing last weekend. See you there...

I'm going but I never got a cooks packet. Can anyone email me a copy ?

If the traffic cooperates Chix, Swine & Bovine will arrive early Friday...if not sometime Friday :wink: Good Luck everyone:-D

Oc pig assassins will be there, hopefully we will step it up a little from last week

We will be there, Arriving Friday. Looking forward to another great weekend. ( hopefully a dry one)

Of course Jerry and I will be there as always, your faithful reps

Pigheaded BBQ will be there hopefully early Friday. It's our first time there. Can't wait.

Great job, Fat Angle! Hope to see ya'll in Monmouth County.

awesome year yet again. The new space is out of this world as it is literally feet, to the water, let alone the beach. The judging was more varied than last year as you had some really good entries, and some polar opposite entries on the same judging plate. That didn't really happen last year. I guess that goes with the expanded field. Imo, at our table, the most consistant entries were chicken. Ribs came up a little flat but were well executed. Brisket was its usual self. But pork was surprisingly bad. Little to no flavor of any kind in most of the entries. Will be back next year though. My fav. contest in the area to judge by far.

awesome year yet again. The new space is out of this world as it is literally feet, to the water, let alone the beach. The judging was more varied than last year as you had some really good entries, and some polar opposite entries on the same judging plate. That didn't really happen last year. I guess that goes with the expanded field. Imo, at our table, the most consistant entries were chicken. Ribs came up a little flat but were well executed. Brisket was its usual self. But pork was surprisingly bad. Little to no flavor of any kind in most of the entries. Will be back next year though. My fav. contest in the area to judge by far.

Sauce is boss!!!!:lol: I got 52 in pork and 7th overall!!! Must have been that flavorless pork!!!:roll:

Back