MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-28-2020, 05:57 PM   #136
Av8er
is one Smokin' Farker

This is too funny! I am glad I don’t live near this guy as I am 100% positive we wouldn’t get along. That being said, I am gonna pull my Weber out to the front just for spite. Hell, I may even go lay in the hammock in my front yard while groping my fat cow of a Sister wife while yelling ROLL TIDE with a beer in my hand.

Thanks from: --->

Old 02-28-2020, 06:03 PM   #137
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Hi All My Shirley 24 x 36 comes in at 400lbs, so there for it stays in the backyard. I may take my WSM out front under the awing if rains is in the forecast.
DanB

Old 02-28-2020, 06:30 PM   #138
BarneyIX
Found some matches.

Man, I don't really post much on this forum but I felt that I had to chime in. I used to be a Front Yard Smoker... I lived in a small ranch house on a smallish corner lot on a culdesac.

My Lang Smoker on a trailer wouldn't fit through the fence to the back yard and I stored it in my garage. Being on concrete it was easy enough to move back and forth so I enjoyed it immensely.

I was always concerned that my neighbors would get upset but no one complained, however, I had to stop smoking meats during our neighborhood yard sale because people kept approaching me to buy food...
BarneyIX is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-28-2020, 06:47 PM   #139
mytmouz
is One Chatty Farker

I used to smoke I'm my front yard, as I liked to make my neighbors jealous. When I could still walk, I'd take a whizz off the front porch. Also to make the neighbors jealous...

Nobody complained, as they didn't want the beating that came with it. Where my property line starts, their business ends...

Trailer mounted reverse flow stick burner. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #1 Black. Rehomed
Weber Kettle #2 Copper
Weber Kettle #3, Dads old cooker. Rehomed
Brinkman electric. Rehomed
Weber Smokey Joe. Rehomed
Small Sunbeam tailgater. Rehomed
Brinkman vertical smoker. Rehomed
Little Chief electric smoker. Rehomed
And 2 UDS go to set ups... Rehomed
mytmouz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 06:54 PM   #140
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker34 View Post
Someone took this whole thing way too far and suggested that I was implying he/she is trash. Thus, that statement is not only true, but was apparently necessary based on that suggestion.
Keep digging the hole, lol

Old 02-28-2020, 07:04 PM   #141
McGruber
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I don’t have a garage or a backyard. Without a dedicated space out of the eyes of the neighbors, guess it’s time to quit enjoying being outdoors and good food.

Like others said, I met neighbors when I moved in due to being visible cooking up some food.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:10 PM   #142
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

I think the OP has learned whatever lesson we're trying to teach him. Let's let it go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 07:42 PM   #143
mchar69
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
I think the OP has learned whatever lesson we're trying to teach him. Let's let it go.
I disagree, he hasn't learned one thing. He doubled down with that socio-economic crap and that is a low blow.
And it's fun to keep fooling around in a silly thread!!

I should mention I would NEVER grill in front of my house anyway.
No room because of all the cars on blocks. ANd the old refrigerators, washing machines, and toilets.
mchar69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 09:04 PM   #144
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

My garage in front was converted into Mother-in-law quarters so have a covered patio and carport in back and my BGE and Weber there (also a firepit and woodpile).

Also have a beer fridge on the patio and a non running 98 Toyota truck (not on blocks) parked in back but I've got an eight foot privacy fence.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 09:54 PM   #145
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

I'm not sure how to word this. I don't mean to offend anyone.
The way I see it, the OP has never lived in an area where front yards are used for anything, period. There is nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.... I'll never judge anyone...... but he/she and people who live this way, are missing out on some mighty fine experiences, and possibly some mighty fine friendships.

I'd suggest signing up for a weekend of helping out with the BBQ Relief program, or attending one of the Brethren Bashes, to get to know what these "front yard, live and let live", folks are all about.
There's more to life than living in a pristine neighborhood, having a shiny new vehicle or the biggest smoker.
Life can pass a person by, while they're sittin' behind a manicured lawn or privacy fence.
Life's too short. Make some memories!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 10:16 PM   #146
tom b

Well said Jeanie!

Old 02-28-2020, 10:21 PM   #147
Tat-que
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
I'm not sure how to word this. I don't mean to offend anyone.
The way I see it, the OP has never lived in an area where front yards are used for anything, period. There is nothing wrong with that if that's what you want.... I'll never judge anyone...... but he/she and people who live this way, are missing out on some mighty fine experiences, and possibly some mighty fine friendships.

I'd suggest signing up for a weekend of helping out with the BBQ Relief program, or attending one of the Brethren Bashes, to get to know what these "front yard, live and let live", folks are all about.
There's more to life than living in a pristine neighborhood, having a shiny new vehicle or the biggest smoker.
Life can pass a person by, while they're sittin' behind a manicured lawn or privacy fence.
Life's too short. Make some memories!

100% agree! you are a very wise person, and gifted in the cooking aspect too :)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:41 AM   #148
Viticulture
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Steve

Just last night I wheeled my Performer across the st to my neighbors driveway where we cooked up 3 dozen or so wings using various rubs. With BBQ in driveway & beer / wine in hand we struck up a convo w/ a couple walking their dogs & invited them to try the wings and a glass of wine. Soon another neighbor wandered on over and before we knew it we were 3 bottles deep and had the greatest time. If it weren't for Q'ing in the driveway we never would've met these fine folks.

For what it's worth I certainly enjoy the solitude of tending the grill or smoker in the backyard but sometimes it's good to enjoy the company of others as well. Besides, that's how I get feedback on different rubs / sauces.

Old 02-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #149
JohnH12
Full Fledged Farker

Congratulations forum members. 148 posts and not one mention of political leanings!
Wow!
Hope I don't get censured or banned for that.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #150
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH12 View Post
Congratulations forum members. 148 posts and not one mention of political leanings!
Wow!
Hope I don't get censured or banned for that.
Some will see this as a challenge...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote