Coookies! Chocolate Chip Cookies

1_T_Scot

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I wanted to try something different for dessert.

These turned out good. The Temp that the recipe reccomends 375 seems a little low. I'm going to try 400-425 next time. They are taking 20-25 min to bake. They are good though.

Cookies1.jpg

Cookies2.jpg

Cookies3.jpg

Cookies4.jpg

Cookies5.jpg

Wow, those look really good. Looks like you cooked them right on top of your diffuser or pizza stone. I'm guessing that was put in with the cookies, otherwise I'd expect some pretty black bottoms on those cookies.

They where cooked on a preheated Pizza stone. I did multiple rounds of them made about 4 dozen. I was worried about them burning too so I checked the first round a lot.

My pizza stone is on top of the Plate setter with 3/4" spacers for an air gap between the plate setter and the pizza stone.

Grilling 24x7 Not really much of a smoke flavor. I didn't add any wood just the left over lump from grilling steaks earlier. I thought if I added wood they might be too smokey. I'll add some next time.

Looks like oatmeal raisin in the pics:confused:

I haven't tried cookies yet but when I do I think I'll try a small air-bake pan. With the sugar content its not like pizza where you want the tile's blazing heat from below.

Looks like oatmeal raisin in the pics:confused:

I haven't tried cookies yet but when I do I think I'll try a small air-bake pan. With the sugar content its not like pizza where you want the tile's blazing heat from below.

They are really Oatmeal Chocolate chip. I forget that some people don't put oatmeal in Chocolate chip Cookies.

I get what you are saying about the Pizza stone and pan but I had a hard time getting the bottom brown much less burning. The temp was way lower than when I use the stone for Pizza. Like 1/2. I cook Pizza at 550-600 the cookies where around 375.

If you use the Air Bake please post I am curious how it turns out.

If you use the Air Bake please post I am curious how it turns out.

Well, I thought I'd find out so I bought a tube of Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough and did the following:
I decided to try a natural aluminum pan (a fairly thick but small Nordicware pan) since you said browning on the bottom was an issue. The plate-setter is in my BGE and my jerry-rigged elevated 21.5" grate is sitting above the 24" SST grid.
I had it pre-heated to about 360 for a good while using old lump.
I cooked at 345-355, according to the egg dial thermo, for 20 min but they still were too pale on top so I went 3 more min.
The package said 350 for 10-14 min, so that took quite a bit more time and they were still not properly browned on top. The bottoms were crunchy and just the right color brown.
I'll probably try the same thing at 400 next and see how it goes.

SAM_0175-cccstart.jpg
SAM_0177-cccfinish.jpg

yeah last weekend I was bored and had the kettle going smoking some almonds, we had some pre made cookie dough in the fridge so i put a chunk on some parchment paper on foil indirect heat and WOW, I made a perfect chocolate chip cookie! So of course i grabbed some materials and made two batches. Nothing that stood out like smoke or grill favor but good non the less

Back