First ( but not last) UDS Build and First run (several pics)

A

Alba Gu Brath

First... thanks to "The Brethren" for all of the great information on everything "Q"...

Second... Amazed would be a gross understatement as to my disposition on the 55 UDS ability to hold temps in 18F with very little fuel...

Lastly, a huge thanks to my "Little Chef" Bryson ( 3yo) who is at my side no matter what if it has anything to do with cooking or cars... as you will see by the pics he is a trooper ...USPS got nothing on him..LOL ( all hades was unleashed when his Momma told him he couldn't go out to help, he won the battle..:thumb:)

I would love to post these pics with comments as to each but have no idea how to do it without a hosting site and I would hate to drag anything in that wasn't here before hand... Hope y'all enjoy the pics as much as I've enjoyed the experience...

Attachments

• BBQ Pr0n_00 (Small).jpg
    BBQ Pr0n_00 (Small).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 216
  • BBQ Pr0n_01 (Small).jpg
    BBQ Pr0n_01 (Small).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 211
  • BBQ Pr0n (Small) (2).jpg
    BBQ Pr0n (Small) (2).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 212
  • BBQ Pr0n_04 (Small).jpg
    BBQ Pr0n_04 (Small).jpg
    39 KB · Views: 211
  • BBQ Pr0n_02 (Small).jpg
    BBQ Pr0n_02 (Small).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 213
  • BBQ Pr0n_03 (Small).jpg
    BBQ Pr0n_03 (Small).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 210
  • BBQ Pr0n_07 (Small).jpg
    BBQ Pr0n_07 (Small).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 212
  • BBQ Pr0n_09 (Small).jpg
    BBQ Pr0n_09 (Small).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 212
I like the wheel to keep it offa the ground! I'm gonna hafta do that on my new mUDS

I like the wheel to keep it offa the ground! I'm gonna hafta do that on my new mUDS
It's a 22.5 x 8.25 hub-pilot wheel off of your run-of-the-mill over the road tractor. I work on these type trucks. I just wanted a way to keep it off the ground temp but ( with the "two hand hold" ) it created an airspace below the smoker that stayed insulated from the cold air around it. I believe that just about any Truck Tire shop has a few cracked wheels laying around ( this cracked in the pilot area for the studs) that they'd give ya for free!

Ditto on the rim!:becky:

Thanks for the pics!

Good looking unit!:cool:
Thanks! When I get a moment I'll snap some more pics of the Fire Ring that I did for it with an easy mod to extract the whole basket and still be 20 inches from the coals.

I like everything but the snow. ha
Man, I hear ya... Except for '93 ( 23" in one night) and all the ice that they got so far this season, being from Georgia had it's definite benefits in that department:becky: The Ohio snow is more than enough for me... I couldn't even fathom what Iowa is like...:shocked:

Back