Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin' on the River - Glasgow MO, July 16-17

Big O' Dang O' BBQ will be there.
We did attend last year and enjoyed the contest very much.
Very Relaxing, large rv campground type spots.
Last year the weather was very mild...but we heard that in all years past the temperatures are almost unbearable.
We had power last year but crossing our fingers this year. The organizer already called trying to get us to plug into someone else or split a 15amp. (and yes we sent in our registration in the "get in early to guarantee power" window)

see ya there
-Aaron

stay for the sat night get together it is an pot luck from all the teams that stay sat night and lot of liquor but it is an blast :thumb:

Big Creek BBQ will be there. Maybe. As long as the Big Muddy decides to settle the fark down! According to the National Weather Service, the Missouri River is doing some major flooding at Glasgow today:

THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE MISSOURI RIVER AT GLASGOW. * AT 4:30 PM SUNDAY THE STAGE WAS 33.2 FEET. * FLOOD STAGE IS 25.0 FEET. * MAJOR FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MAJOR FLOODING IS FORECAST. * FORECAST... THE RIVER WILL CONTINUE TO FALL TO A STAGE OF 32.0 FEET BY MONDAY MORNING. * AT 32.0 FEET... HIGHWAYS AND GRAVEL ROADS IN LOW-LYING AREAS NEAR GLASGOW ARE UNDER WATER THIS INCLUDES STATE HIGHWAY 240 WEST OF GLASGOW. THE CITY PARK IN GLASGOW ALSO BEGINS TO FLOOD. * AT 27.0 FEET... MANY AGRICULTURAL LEVEES ARE OVERTOPPED. WIDESPREAD FLOODING OF RURAL AREAS OCCURS. SECONDARY ROADS AND HOMES BEHIND LEVEES MAY BE INUNDATED. * AT 25.0 FEET... FARMLAND ALONG THE RIVER FLOODS.

I had heard Stump Island was on the verge of going under....

I won't make this one...though I've mentioned to the other Bellys about cooking this one...I'm in time off lock out at work due to inventory and can't get the Friday off.

Ques Your Daddy will be returning again. One of my favorite venues

Updated flood info:

Issued by The National Weather Service
Kansas City/Pleasant Hill, MO
3:42 pm CDT, Wed., Jun. 23, 2010
THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE MISSOURI RIVER AT GLASGOW. * AT 2:30 PM WEDNESDAY THE STAGE WAS 30.0 FEET. * FLOOD STAGE IS 25.0 FEET. * MODERATE FLOODING IS OCCURRING AND MODERATE FLOODING IS FORECAST. * FORECAST... THE RIVER WILL CONTINUE RISING TO NEAR 30.2 FEET BY EARLY THURSDAY MORNING. THE RIVER WILL THEN SLOWLY FALL AND LIKELY REMAIN ABOVE FLOOD STAGE THROUGH THE FIRST HALF OF NEXT WEEK. * AT 27.0 FEET... MANY AGRICULTURAL LEVEES ARE OVERTOPPED. WIDESPREAD FLOODING OF RURAL AREAS OCCURS. SECONDARY ROADS AND HOMES BEHIND LEVEES MAY BE INUNDATED. * AT 25.0 FEET... FARMLAND ALONG THE RIVER FLOODS.

Got an email from one of the organizers tonight... very good back up plan in place! He says the water has actually left the park as of today. As long as there is no more flooding, they should be dry and looking good.

Lit and loaded will be there - plus Jamie from Natural Born Grillers. It is the only event that my whole family likes to go to. Plenty of room, that is unless they have to rope some areas off like they had to do 3 years ago due to flooding.

Congrats to all who took calls over the weekend - that was a tough comp with the rain/mud/mosquitos! That place turned into a mess after that rain overnight - ACK!

This was a such a great event and we cannot wait to return next year. Congrats to everyone that survived the muddy conditions and had a good time cooking some bbq. Special thanks to H-Que for diggin our chocks out of the mud after we ran over them.

It was good to see everyone there..Luckily we were on top of the hill and stayed out of the mud..Congrats to all who had calls

In my six years of competitions, I've never seen anything like Paul and Marlee Walz (The Smokin' Walzs) had to endure after getting up Saturday morning! They were right along the river in that really fine dry dust the river left behind in massive amounts. The water was up to their ankles in their EZ Up and right up to the firebox on his Spicewine! He literally had to dig a canal to let the water drain back to the river and drag some of his stuff to higher and drier land to be able to continue. We helped him move part of it. He was about to throw in the towel and decided to give it a shot. Remarkably, he did all that work AND got his ribs and chicken going in time to get all four categories turned in! A fantastic display of overcoming adversity! Congrats to the Walzs for winning the war this contest became with the Friday night storm!

In the short time I have been involved with the bbq circuit, I have met and made friends with some of the nicest, most giving people. This is truly a great American competition! Congrats to The Smokin' Walzs for persevering and getting everything turned in.

No doubt!! Aaron from Big O Dang O BBQ was ankle deep in water for the rest of the contest after Friday night and his EZ UP got mangled/destroyed as well - but he hung right in there. We could not believe his and his wife's spirits (and she's pregnant!) while they continued work through the water/mud mess ther park became.

A tough hot, muddy, muggy weekend to be sure - but still was fun to see everyone and get our cook on. Great people on the circuit to be sure!

Back