• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Egg Pro's Pizza Stone Question

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I am really liking the Pizza and deserts being served up from the Egg's. What I am thinking is why can't I buy a Plate Setter for a large to use on my XL for a Pizza stone?

The Pizza stone for the XL is around $45.00 and the Plate Setter for the large is $40.00. The Setter has the legs so I would get a good space between the XL plate Setter and the LG Plate Setter.

I think they are both about 18" in diameter and isn't the Plate Setter thicker than the Pizza stone for better heat control. Any reason I could/should not do it this way?

What's the price of the pizza stone? My Large was $40. Plus, it stores easier.

Can you fit 2 of the large or med stones on the XL? Twice the pizza in 1 cook.

I've only done 4 pizzas on my new egg and I've just placed them right on the platesetter. My dealer said thats how he does his so I tried it out and it works for me. I plan on getting the pizza stone as well but for right now this way works.

I am really liking the Pizza and deserts being served up from the Egg's. What I am thinking is why can't I buy a Plate Setter for a large to use on my XL for a Pizza stone?

The Pizza stone for the XL is around $45.00 and the Plate Setter for the large is $40.00. The Setter has the legs so I would get a good space between the XL plate Setter and the LG Plate Setter.

I think they are both about 18" in diameter and isn't the Plate Setter thicker than the Pizza stone for better heat control. Any reason I could/should not do it this way?

So you are talking about stacking the LG plate setter on the XL plate setter.....unless they have changed, the LG plate setter is sort of a triangular shape, my LG pizza stone is actually larger in diameter than the area on the plate setter that you would be cooking on.

DSC05916JPGa.jpg

Back