Left over beer keg

S

SP

I did a search and didn't find too much. How about a beer keg drum smoker? Input, ideas or old threads welcome. And from my quick typing and failure to reread the title no I didn't just finish it.

I have an old Shlitz keg grill, but it needs the stand welded back on. Alumninum, don't think it would work as a smoker very good, but we used to burn steaks, dogs and burgers pretty good in college with it.

I did a search and didn't find too much. How about a beer keg drum smoker? Input, ideas or old threads welcome. And from my quick typing and failure to reread the title no I didn't just finish it.

Since you headed me off at the pass and I didn't get to ask you that, I went ahead and edited the thread's title to keep you from getting bombarded! :biggrin:

Arlin

I think it would be better converted into a grill than a smoker. I've seen some nice keg grills and these things last a lifetime.

Beer makers use them to cook up brew. I had seen a website where they cut a section out of the top and made a roller setup and placed chili's in it and roasted them, occasionally rotating keg. Site no longer in buisness.

I read the thread title wrong. I thought it said leftover keg beer and thought someone committed a crime! :wink:

I saw a keg made into a "chicken cooker" at the American Royal this year. It stood vertically, and was cut in half about 10" from the bottom. it had the air intake on the bottom/ side, and the exhaust was out the top.

Id go with the Beer makers Idea. Make a kettle out of it. My "Keggle" gets regular use on Cabbage during st pattys day and for various other cooking chores.. basically all you need is a 1" nipple welded about 1" above the bottom of the keg and cut the top off.. not a big deal, but it is a VERY useful thing to have

Back