This is for pepper lovers.

I have to get one of those. I've taken a bite of a Bhut Jolokia, a Scorpion Butch T, and a Scorpion Moruga and cooked with all 3. Peppers have pretty much reached the point where the numbers and the bragging rights are about the only differences between them in terms of heat. They are so hot now that it is almost impossible to notice any increase in heat from one scorching hot pepper to the next.

I agree with the "thrill seekers" analogy, though. I'll sacrifice flavor in pursuit of heat from time to time just for the thrill. If a restaurant has a spicy challenge, I'm all for it. Haven't found anything that is too hot to eat......yet.

I have to get one of those. I've taken a bite of a Bhut Jolokia, a Scorpion Butch T, and a Scorpion Moruga and cooked with all 3. Peppers have pretty much reached the point where the numbers and the bragging rights are about the only differences between them in terms of heat. They are so hot now that it is almost impossible to notice any increase in heat from one scorching hot pepper to the next.

I agree with the "thrill seekers" analogy, though. I'll sacrifice flavor in pursuit of heat from time to time just for the thrill. If a restaurant has a spicy challenge, I'm all for it. Haven't found anything that is too hot to eat......yet.

Yeah, but...you're insane.

I would much rather lick the sun that eat one of those peppers. When stuff gets too hot, it just isn't worth eating.

Pixie sticks for chili heads...

CPC-16MCapsaicin.jpg

I think eating hot stuff requires a build up of resistance to it. When I was younger, I didn't even like pizza because it was too spicy. Now, I use hot peppers in almost everything I make, and the type of salsa I prefer is 2x hotter than the hottest store bought stuff. I can't give the stuff away because people are scared of it.

So yeah, I built up an immunity to the heat I guess. It's not uncommon to make an omelet with japs, serranos, and habs, along with some of my hot salsa. It wakes me right up lol.

What you are feeling is a chemical burn. In moderation, no big deal. Extreme heat will do permanent harm to the taste buds.

I love hot spicy food also. In the past I could not eat anything hot. I can handle habs now. The sauce still has to have a great taste with the heat. The best tasting hot seasoning that I like the best is real jerk seasoning. I am moving up though.

What you are feeling is a chemical burn. In moderation, no big deal. Extreme heat will do permanent harm to the taste buds.
Taste buds regenerate, so when you burn your tongue on something physically hot you may kill some taste buds, but that's okay because they will grow back. I don't think you can really do too much real permanent damage to your taste buds, short of cutting off your tongue.

I may need to order some sauce from that guy, I like my peppers like I like my women, hotter than a $2 pistol.

Temporarily moved from Texas to Pittsburgh a few years ago and ate out at a Thai restaurant. Asked 'how hot do you want it' I figured I could handle a 9 out of 10. Big mistake! Flushed, broke out in a sweat, heart palpitated - no milk available. Couldn't really taste anything else I ate the rest of the night. I'll stick with lower rated peppers, thank you. But God Bless all you more adventurous Q'ers.

We recently had some Caribbean food at a place Called "Marla's Caribbean Cuisine", I ordered some beef curry with my choice of heat level set at "hot". Which was rather spicy, but tasty. They had 2 higher levels of heat though, Indian Hot and Marla's hot. I would not mess around with those for a meal, as a dare, maybe.

The new official hottest pepper is crowned

I like heat, habaneros are my limit

Edited
Hmmm I did a search if anybody posted anything about this and of course nothing came up, lol.

Last edited:
I absolutely love peppers; I do not particularly enjoy pain. At some point you reach Scoville levels that are not for enjoyment, but for chest thumping bragging rights. :roll:

Back