Cash n Carry

Thanks alot. I have never seen it before, and its on the same street i work on hahaha. gonna have to check it out.

there is a fancy shmancy restaurant across the street from our s&f.
see the chef buying stuff there all the time so if its good enough for him its good enough for me.

Around here its definitely a good place to get ribs and brisket. Used to have great deals on tri-tip as well, but they stopped selling it this fall.

Great prices, I buy the angus cryovacs of tri-tips. Also the only place to get bone-in butts, usually. Also a good place for gloves, oven thermometers. I also buy most of my ribs there as they have the St Louies at a good price.

That said, if you are used to Costco meat or the equivelant than you'll find you have to do a ton more trimming and yes that increases your actual cost per pound.

Gonna swing by tomorrow. See what the prices are like compared to what my dad can get it for. hopefully its the same roughly, i hate waiting.

oh yeah , i forgot to add , they have some cool gadgets and stuff , good price on pellets , for us pellet guys too

It just so happens that I stopped by my local Cash & Carry today and picked up a cryo of tri tips. Its true that a lot of trimming is required, but at $3.15 per lb I'm still way ahead. I get a few spices there, and I always keep their Lazzari Mesquite lump on hand ($13.99 for a 40 lb bag).

The prices aren't great on everything, but on somethings they can't be beaten.

My local C&C stores don't carry bone-in butts and most of their beef is IBP Select (with a few Star Ranch Choice products thrown in).

Costco Bus Ctr is my go-to BBQ place since I can't get in RD.

Back