MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #31
Pigs on Fire
Full Fledged Farker

Lotta hate going on from Arkansas in this thread.

Lotta ignorance, too.
Pigs on Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #32
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Jack’s Old South BBQ School Review – My weekend at Myron Mixon’s House

I've been thinking about taking his class. I think it would be worth the money without the food. Most people probably spend that much, or more, on meat trying to learn good method on their own. The learning curve can be pretty expensive.
Swamp Donkeyz BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #33
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs on Fire View Post
Lotta hate going on from Arkansas in this thread.

Lotta ignorance, too.
Wow, been called lots of things, but seldom ignorant. Sorry if I made you feel inadequate. Not my intention at all. (I bet it had something to do with the other poster bringing up the college thing. Remember, I just responded to that)

In my last post I acknowledged that there may have been value that i had not initially figured in and it was confirmed that some people left with coolers full of quality meat.

Just so you understand, a cooler full of that meat (fully prepared) could be in the hundreds of dollars.
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #34
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Moderator note: The name calling just ended. We all have our opinions but name calling is against the rules.
Thank you in advance!

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #35
Vision
is One Chatty Farker

The next class I'll take is Myron's. Went to Harry Soo's a few months ago and love the guy and am glad I went, but his class is a "backyard class" and I didn't learn much. But a good time was had. He may come out with a comp class.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #36
hcj3rd
On the road to being a farker

Thanks for the review. You went. you spent and you shared with us. Good enough for me.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #37
bbqstudio
Got Wood.

On the cost part yeah we talked about that that was only the cost of the briskest not the ribs, chicken, shoulders, butts and hog as well as the injections, rubs plus the food they supplied as well as the 10 or so people he employed for the class... So there was some out lay but I'm not feeling sorry he made a nice profit and that's what he's in the teaching business for. I don't take offense to him making money at all heck if I could I would. As far as the take home I purchased a small cooler since I was driving and most people couldn't take due to flights... We had some good q at home for a fess days as well. Again this was my experience I am sure it's not for everyone and I could see how he could rub people the wrong way...

Just my experience I thought I would share no offense taken from anyone here life's too short for that

Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #38
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqstudio View Post
Just my experience I thought I would share no offense taken from anyone here life's too short for that
I agree with you on that point!

Thanks again for the awesome review of the class!

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote