MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
mbshop
Babbling Farker

Default dilemma

i'm a paraplegic using a manual wheelchair. upper body is ok though some have questioned that part above my shoulders.
i have a mini weber smoker that works great. that being said i have been wanting a drum smoker but thats just not gonna happen in my situation.
i just found a 16 gallon drum. its rusty inside so i don't need to worry about the inside. just tried it and the bottom part fits perfectly in a weber joe and the lid fits perfectly on the top. sooooo, the dilemma is, do i cut the bottom out and use it on the joe or do i use it as a stand alone mini drum. i keep going back and forth so much i'm wearing out my tires.
suggestions needed ! thanks,

Old 04-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
peaspurple
is one Smokin' Farker

I have a mini wsm I built with a 16 gallon drum and a weber smokey joe. My only complaint is sometimes it is a bit uneasy. Works well but if I have a small but on it it gets a bit top heavy. I say just build a mini uds.