• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment People's Choice Rib Cook Off - Hickville, NY - September 17th, 2011

Anchors Smokeshop

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
The Hicksville Fire Department is holding it's first annual Rib Cook Off and 1950's Car Show on Saturday, September 17th, 2011 at the Hicksville Fire House Station 3 on West John Street in Hicksville, LI, NY.
The entry fee is $100 per team and each team will be provided 2 cases of pork spareribs, ice, water, electricity and a 20' x 20' site in the parking lot.
Teams may arrive to setup on Friday night after 7:00PM or Saturday morning at 6:00AM.
Ribs will be provided to each team by 7:00AM.
The Buck-A-Bone Rib Cookoff will be from 1:00PM to 4:00PM with an award ceremony at 5:00PM.
The Buck-A-Bone Rib Cookoff will be the same format as the one at the Battle of the BBQ Brethren in Holtsville last year where the public will buy tickets for $5 and receive 5 tasting tickets and 1 voting ticket. The team with the most voting tickets wins.
Trophies and $1000 worth of prizes will be awarded to the top 5 teams.

An ancillary grilling event is also being discussed for this event and I am open to any and all ideas.

A website is currently being developed for this event, but if you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message or email me at thesmokenbarrel@gmail.com if you have any questions.

A flyer, application and mailing address will also be added in the near future.

The Hicksville Fire Department is holding it's first annual Rib Cook Off and 1950's Car Show on Saturday, September 17th, 2011 at the Hicksville Fire House Station 3 on West John Street in Hicksville, LI, NY.
The entry fee is $100 per team and each team will be provided 2 cases of pork spareribs, ice, water, electricity and a 20' x 20' site in the parking lot.
Teams may arrive to setup on Friday night after 7:00PM or Saturday morning at 6:00AM.
Ribs will be provided to each team by 7:00AM.
The Buck-A-Bone Rib Cookoff will be from 1:00PM to 4:00PM with an award ceremony at 5:00PM.
The Buck-A-Bone Rib Cookoff will be the same format as the one at the Battle of the BBQ Brethren in Holtsville last year where the public will buy tickets for $5 and receive 5 tasting tickets and 1 voting ticket. The team with the most voting tickets wins.
Trophies and $1000 worth of prizes will be awarded to the top 5 teams.

An ancillary grilling event is also being discussed for this event and I am open to any and all ideas.

A website is currently being developed for this event, but if you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message or email me at thesmokenbarrel@gmail.com if you have any questions.

A flyer, application and mailing address will also be added in the near future.

We just may do this contest for chits and giggles. I used to be a Hicksville Firemen in Engine Company 7 many moons ago. Sounds like a fun one day event being most of our family lives in Hicksville.

Anyone have any interest in this event? I know its early but I'm trying to get a gauge on teams interest.

I have attached the flyer for the event as well as a registration form.
I am also working on putting together a cooks information packet with all of the event information and will post that soon.

Let me know what you think of the flyer and send me your feedback.

Attachments

• Hicksville FD Flyer.doc
    657.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Hicksville FD Rib Cook-Off Registration.doc
    126.5 KB · Views: 61
I don't think using copyrighted characters/catchphrases to promote something ever worked out well for anyone...just my $.02

Back