New to Texas

bubbachuck

Reaction score
Alright I am new to the Dallas area and I am looking for somewhere to buy some good meat ( most important is the brisket) I have have it easy back home in FL, but now that I am here I'm not sure where to turn. So if anyone has any suggestions on a nice meat market that would be great. I'm just looking for some whole packers IBP choice or better if I can find them. I'm sure they are here I am just not finding them. After all this is Texas, so where's the beef? Thanks in advance.

What area of Dallas? I used to live in Dallas, but it was so long ago that I have no idea now. Might help someone give you help to know.

When I moved to Fort Worth, I looked and asked the same questions and could not find a real butcher. I went here a few times:

http://www.countrymeatsmarket.com/

Pretty much every grocery store I walk in has packers - sometimes choice, sometimes and less often select. When that happens, I just go to the next chain - Tom Thumb and Albertsons seems to be a little more consaistant than the kroger next to me. Target will order certified Angus flats. I have walked into both Albertsons and target and found Prime packers for $1.79lb - no markup:mrgreen::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sams always has choice packers. While you are in there, get some Slovacek's sausage.

When I moved to Fort Worth, I looked and asked the same questions and could not find a real butcher. I went here a few times:

http://www.countrymeatsmarket.com/

Pretty much every grocery store I walk in has packers - sometimes choice, sometimes and less often select. When that happens, I just go to the next chain - Tom Thumb and Albertsons seems to be a little more consaistant than the kroger next to me. Target will order certified Angus flats. I have walked into both Albertsons and target and found Prime packers for $1.79lb - no markup:mrgreen::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sams always has choice packers. While you are in there, get some Slovacek's sausage.

It must be the water. You've been assimilated....

I talked to Country Meats today, I may go there. Then Hirsch's was closed today I plan on calling them tomorrow. I will definately check out Albertson's though. I appreciate all the info. I see briskets everywhere just most of what I seen was select, I appreciate the info though. Thanks

Sam's where I go (Plano/Frisco...Ohio and 121) has choice packers and flats.

If its brisket, believe me, good meat is not necessary. Just as long as its not "bad" meat. Bad Brisket or mediocre brisket is cause by the 97% of things that have nothing to do with the quality of cut.

Back