To All Long Island Teams....

ShencoSmoke

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have a close friend that is lives on the North Fork (Cutchogue) that's going through a tough time. His daughter Morgan was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor 2 years ago and they have flying her to St Judes in Memphis, TN for a clinical trial every since for treatment. Adam recently showed an interest in Competition BBQ after I told him about my team. He was so excited that he drove half the night through heavy rain to Gettysburg Pa to compete with our team and then drove back to LaGuardia the next morning to meet his family and fly to St. Judes.

Adam owns his own home construction business and between running a business and coping with Morgan's illness he does not have a "release". I wish I could do more for him but it is hard with the distance between us. Is it possible for a Long Island Brethren to let him hang out for a competition that is close to his house? I thought if he had the chance to get to a comp within an hour or 2 drive he would enjoy the experience. Adam is not the type to ask for anything so I am doing this without his knowledge. If anyone is interested I thought I could provide him with some Brethren contacts to get in touch with and work out the details.

Here are a few web links that give a little more background on Morgan's condition. The first is the family blog that gives updates and the second is a little video I did for a BBQ fundraiser. Thank you all in advance!

Craig

http://helpinghands4morgan.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx_IN1KyeVU&feature=youtu.be

Wow... youre 2 days late. We just had a 45 team contest in Manorville, LI this weekend, and as the organizer i could have given him a behind the scenes look.

Theres SAMS club this weekend in Medford. Maybe someone will chime in. Im pit bitching for an Out of state team or I would offer it up myself.

We can use a hand. What day would he come down. Its a Friday to Saturday contest. My dad will be there Friday all day and I will be there Friday night thru Saturday. He will fit right in with us. We r all over 6ft 3. Lolol .

Tell You What

PLEASE tell Adam to stop by TELL YOU WHAT BBQ. We would be thrilled.

Unfortunately, we ALL get caught up in the 'minutia' of life...and FREQUENTLY (several times a day) need to take a step back and look at the 'big picture'.

For example, "I have a BBQ COMP this weekend!! SO much to DO! Anxiety! Stress!"

It's MEANINGLESS when you realize how fleeting life truly is.

Ask for the GRAN PAPPY of PORK.

Wow, Thank you all! That's why I joined the Brethren-to meet folks like you. I'm going to try and get a hold of Adam tomorrow. With so many willing teams it might be best to have him come to Medford on Friday after the cooks meeting and stop by each of your tents and introduce himself. That way he will get to meet some folks that live close to him and can check out each of your set ups. After that maybe he can help someone out at a future event. We were lucky enough to get a pork call in Gettysburg and I saw the twinkle in his eye- he is HOOKED!

BTW-I'm signed up for the Richmond Sams event so if the BBQ Gods allow it I will get a chance to thank you all in person in Chesapeake!

Im pit bitchin for Transformer BBQ so I cant speak for team stuff. He may be able to chime in..

But I CAN invite him to dinner. I think there will be a prime rib in his near future. :)

Im pit bitchin for Transforme I cant speak for team stuff. He may be able to chime in..

But I CAN invite him to dinner. I think there will be a prime rib in his near future. :)

pfffft oh sure trAnsformer comes down prime rib. last weekend we get cold bacon egg n cheese, no more cevapcici for you!

pfffft oh sure trAnsformer comes down prime rib. last weekend we get cold bacon egg n cheese, no more cevapcici for you!

Those cevapcici are STILL hangin around..
fart.gif

Adam is welcome to come by our set up and hang out as long as he wants.

I'll be at Sam's as well, be sure and tell Adam to stop by Ma's Que Crew (look for the Texas flag and Lone Star pop up. We could use some help as well and would be glad to show him around.

All- Adam is tied up with work and can't make it today. Thank you all for offering to show him around. I'm going to give him a list of your teams names as well as a list of local events so he can eventually get by and introduce himself. Thanks again, I hope everyone has a great cook tomorrow!

There's always the VA hospital cook. It's not a comp so it might be easier to hang out meet people and lend a hand?

Back