MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
GMDGeek
is one Smokin' Farker

Default You might be a BBQ addict if..

- While driving down the country road, every propane tank you see makes you assess it for Pit Potential.

- When driving down the road you see a large heard of cows and think "which one has the best marbling..."

Please feel free to add

Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
speers90
is One Chatty Farker

- When at the zoo and your kid(s) see the hogs they proceed to turn around and say those look tasty dad!

The Beast: 500 Gallon Homemade Reverse Flow
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187401[/url]
Weber 22"
Cajun Fryer FF2
speers90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
mbshop
Babbling Farker

shoot, i thought that was normal. i can spot grills, especially webers going 60 that are sitting in someones backyard 100 yards away.

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
superlazy
is One Chatty Farker

what can I say

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
GMDGeek
is one Smokin' Farker

You might be a BBQ addict if you have a USB powered Smoker! That is awesome Superlazy!

Old 03-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #6
Untraceable
Babbling Farker

When you hear how much a friends boat cost and think to yourself how many Vaults you could have for that.
Untraceable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

You might be a BBQ addict if while driving down the road the smell of smoke from someones fireplace chimney makes your stomach Growl.
You might be a BBQ addict if getting Switches and Coal in your Christmas stocking makes you smile & giggle with delight.
You might be a BBQ addict if you own more bottles of sauce & rub the you do socks.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
superlazy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untraceable View Post
When you hear how much a friends boat cost and think to yourself how many Vaults you could have for that.
It's not how much they cost to buy It's the money you keep throwing into that hole in the water. Not to mention the idiots on the the water

Old 03-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

Default You might be a BBQ addict if..

[QUOTE=Bludawg;2411734]You might be a BBQ addict if while driving down the road the smell of smoke from someones fireplace chimney makes your stomach Growl.

Friend and teammate heats his house and shop off an outside wood boiler, everytime I think he's cooking its the boiler, I assume boiler and I get fed...

You know you're a BBQ addict when you can't fall asleep at night because in your head you are thinking about what ya could have changed in the last cook..

Creators of "Reverse Shigging": When your competition wants to know what your doing so they know what doesn't work.
Kave Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 06:39 AM   #10
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Dude

You might be IF ....you can't be with your wife the day she has a knee replacement (son was there) cause you're waiting on your new (used) JAMBO is being delivered. Then after she is home recouping someone calls and asked where I was and she said "Oh he's probably outside HUMPING his new smoker!!".......all this being said my wife never said a thing about all this cause she KNOWS if I'm "humping" my smoker....she's not having to cook!!!!!!....hope no offense Cowgirl and Tish........true story

Last edited by lastmajordude; 03-18-2013 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: addition
lastmajordude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #11
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

Also you might be IF....You grin and smile saying good things about someone else's Que even if you taste lighter fluid, or they brag about ribs you can't taste cause they are SMOTHERED in sauce (we do dry rub) and cooked so long it becomes mush.....you might be IF you become a Que SNOB!!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #12
lastmajordude
is Blowin Smoke!

My last one I promise....you MIGHT be IF your parents could not BEAT you enough to make you study in High School but YET at 55 you spend literally YEARS studying this site and info and everything you can read to make sure you get the right stick burning offset.....I rest my case.......GUILTY AS CHARGED on all accounts....

Old 03-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #13
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Default Re: You might be a BBQ addict if..

My wife is in early stages of labor right now and we will be leaving for the hospital in a few hours.

1. I'm already thinking about what I'm gonna cook to celebrate the new addition.

2. I'm talking about BBQ while my wife is in labor.

Beat that!

Chris

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
jmoney7269
Banned

You might be a BBQ addict if your wife makes you sell a cooker to get a cooker because you have so many.

You also might be a BBQ addict if you combine all the left over coals from all your other pits to BBQ in your smokey joe Because your out.
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #15
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

-If you're driving down the road and see a tanker car on a train and think to yourself "that'd make one bad@$$ smoker."
-If your wife asks "why are you smoking another brisket this weekend?" And your (my) only answer is "cause I can."
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote