• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Materials for new patio cover

Its beginning to look like a Cabelas. Lol Awesome Job!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Got a bit more done. Should be putting up the 6" tongue and groove cedar in the next few days followed by the sheathing and roof.

The bolts holding the trusses to the brackets are only temporary, I got to get to the hardware store for the proper size.

IMG_0565_zpsa9dde5f0.jpg

IMG_0566_zps419daeb7.jpg

IMG_0564_zps50516670.jpg

IMG_0567_zpsa9740c31.jpg

WOW This is going to be really nice We had a beautiful screened in back porh that we lost when we moved I love my current hous but miss the porch Will be looking forward to watch you progress You do great work

Looks really nice so far, love the post and beam look. I'm betting many beers will be consumed under that new roof:wink:

This is exactly what we want to build in our back yard.....well done! You have my complete attention!

Looks great so far, can't wait to see it finished. Those custom brackets look soooo much better than the cheesy Simpson ones.

Matt

Thanks ! :thumb:

Those brackets have a lot of hours in them, cut weld, bend and grind. Then add the round stock around each bracket and weld, heat, bend and grind again.

Crazy Awesome....All of a sudden my EZ-UP Canopy just ain't cutting it.
More pron man...I'm jealous all ready and it's not even finished.:thumb:

Crazy Awesome....All of a sudden my EZ-UP Canopy just ain't cutting it.

Tell me about it. I'm about out of duct tape and the wind keeps ripping new holes in mine. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Got all the wiring ran for the lights and fan today. All wiring is hidden in routed out grooves along the tops of the beams.

Bad pic. Turned out way dark.

First time using iPhone 5 and Tap Talk.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348929423.267462.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348929423.267462.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:
Please consider a good strong vent hood so your new ceiling doesn't get black. I have a nice patio that came with the house, but I had to do this to prevent smoke stains on my ceiling. Works too, but would've been smoother with a nice industrial fan from grainger:

8eddf7406ce60f76cc2589f313953510.jpg

Back