MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
fireman_pete
Full Fledged Farker

We also do chicken and tri-tip, ribs when they are on sale, or by request.
fireman_pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #17
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

325 jeez Pete
Get the flavor you want?

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #18
fireman_pete
Full Fledged Farker

You know Thom it works. Lots of folks are cooking hot and fast these days. We normally chop our brisket for the market, so this method works really well for us. The butts do not seem to care how they are cooked, always come out great. Hard to screw up a pork butt.....wait, I did on Saturday with 35th place :-)

We cook both the butts and brisket until about 170* IT, then put in foil pans and cover. This helps keep them moist and speeds up the cook too.

We still inject both cuts prior to cooking, and cook fat up.

Lots of smoke ring on them too.
fireman_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #19
stevrod
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Steve R.

Bigmista, for folks interested in getting into vending at Farmers markets What do the logistics look like for your operation.
1.) Licensed Kitchen use or onsite methods
2.) Meat cooked in Kitchen and transferred to Markets.
3.) Or is Meat prepped in Kitchen, transferred to smoker and cooked in route?

Wife and I are considering markets/catering, we have talked to some kitchens but none of the managers have any suggestions other than those discussed (Vaccum packed, ect.)

Thanks for any help
Steve Rodriguez
5J's BBQ
stevrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #20
BoneDaddy's
Take a breath!

I had a similar question. Let's say you are catering a lunch party, do you show up at the persons house at 4am to start your briskets? Can you cook in the cooker while you are driving?
Old 08-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #21
WSM2
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Good topic... I am in Florida and wanted to know if anyone has experience vending in this State? I would like to try a market but only have the equipment that one would use at a competition. Could I get away with setting up a white vending tent with tables and my stumps smoker behind me?

How involved is everyone else's set ups?

thanks
WSM2 is offline   Reply With Quote