Pellet grills

I use a country smoker - Tailgator (TG-300), but a CS420 or 450 would be idea for that as well.

If you are wanting something to cook ribs and chicken on both... The Whole hog, gives you two separate temps/cooking areas.... or the FE1000 does also, and you never need to turn your meat!

There is also the MAK, thatwould work great for chicken. I used one to cook butts on in AZ, and it did a killer job. I could see it as a chicken cooker also!

We have a FE 1000 Grill
I really like it
The Mak and Memphis are good lookin grills also

You can get away with a Traeger Jr. if it's just for chicken. He had good luck cooking chicken on one last year.

We use a MAK for our chicken and did pretty well this last season..

Most pellet grills will handle chicken with little difficulty. Buy based on the size you need. Use the best pellets you can afford -- I like 100% hickory.

For more "all-round" usage with many different meats, cooking approaches, and methods I'd recommend Memphis, MAK or Fast Eddy -- all have tremendous flexibility.

Final comment: If you are not presently cooking on pellets, be aware that you'll need to adapt and test your recipes. This is fun to do and I've got my KCBS basic four well oiled.

Hub

We cook all 4 categories exclusively on Green Mountain Grills (GMG). They have proven to be very sturdy and versatile. They are much more economically priced than some of the others and their construction and materials quality is superior to Traegar.

Best of luck with your search.

Back