Looking for advise

B

BearCat

I have this little Ma and Pa market by me that has been providing me with sauces,rubs, FAB when needed, etc. they are a nostalgic market and great people. They have asked me to cook for them when they host a car show in June. I don't want to charge them so it will be all out of pocket expense. The problems are

1) no certian head count. Could be 20 people could be 100
2) what to serve I would like to do butts can't beat pulled pork and cheap but lots of work. or do burgers and dogs.

it is close to home (walking distance). so I can do some there I have chaffers and etc. I just want to put out the best show for them.
Any thoughts?

Maybe do pulled pork for 100, then have some friends lined up who are willing to buy any left overs cheap to get your cost or a little profit back out of. Corn, green beans or boiled potatoes for sides, something easy you can pop a can and heat with a turkey fryer as needed. Just an idea...

I have this little Ma and Pa market by me that has been providing me with sauces,rubs, FAB when needed, etc. they are a nostalgic market and great people. They have asked me to cook for them when they host a car show in June. I don't want to charge them so it will be all out of pocket expense. The problems are

1) no certian head count. Could be 20 people could be 100
2) what to serve I would like to do butts can't beat pulled pork and cheap but lots of work. or do burgers and dogs.

it is close to home (walking distance). so I can do some there I have chaffers and etc. I just want to put out the best show for them.
Any thoughts?
if you are talking Americas Market i did pulled pork for them last year..highest yield and not all that expensive..they had nowhere near 100 people last year but then again the car show didnt show up either

Back