Ingredients:
Flat Iron Steak
Oil
Salt
Pepper
Brown Sugar
Spicy Chipotle Powder

Method:
Very quick and easy. Get your grill good and hot just like you would for a ribeye or new york strip steak. Than just rub with oil to prevent sticking to the grill. Next rub all other ingredients to taste. Cook about 2 minutes per side to get a nice rare to medium rare.

Notes:
This is a very tender, very flavorful cut of meat. I have to say, this is one of my new favorites. This cut of meat comes from the top of the shoulder. I have a very difficult time finding these cuts of meat in my local area so I don't have much experience with them.

Have you ordered from Crowd Cow, Mark? I have been thinking about it. How was the experience and the beef?

Do you have Kroger stores there? Mine has been carrying them forever. Great meat, great price. A very quick cook for weeknights, good enough for company. I have seven or eight in the freezer now, and they come cryovaced.

https://www.crowdcow.com/l/u3c35e8ca

@Ron_L I usually try not to link drop on here but since you asked me about ordering :) Yes, I have ordered from them about three times so far. (Enough times that when my wife catches me even browsing the site she starts making fun of / yelling at me worse than if she catches me one one of those adult sites) I can honestly say that the meat is by far better than what I can get here locally in York, PA at a regular grocery store. @Mikhail, I've only got a Giant and Weis within my willing to drive for food area. Some of the local butcher shops don't carry them on the regular, I have to ask and wait a week. They only carry on hand basic high turn around sellers.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

flat iron steaks are my favorite. inexpensive, very good beef flavor, easy to cook. the slice on the beef makes all the difference on this cut. gotta be across the grain. cook to medium-rare or so, rest 8-10 min, slice about 1/4" thick and serve.

I usually marinate in Soy Vey's Very Terriyaki sauce, works nice with this cut.

https://www.crowdcow.com/l/u3c35e8ca

@Ron_L I usually try not to link drop on here but since you asked me about ordering :) Yes, I have ordered from them about three times so far. (Enough times that when my wife catches me even browsing the site she starts making fun of / yelling at me worse than if she catches me one one of those adult sites) I can honestly say that the meat is by far better than what I can get here locally in York, PA at a regular grocery store. @Mikhail, I've only got a Giant and Weis within my willing to drive for food area. Some of the local butcher shops don't carry them on the regular, I have to ask and wait a week. They only carry on hand basic high turn around sellers.

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Thanks! I can get just about anything in the Chicago area, but sometimes it is a significant drive, either miles or time because of traffic. Ordering is much easier :-D

I have also been looking at Butcher Box, but theirs is subscription-based and I’m not sure that I need a box of beef every month or two :-D

Have you ordered from Crowd Cow, Mark? I have been thinking about it. How was the experience and the beef?

Just got this in the mail today from Crowd Cow. A5 Waygu strait from the mother land. Purchased it from their sale around thanksgiving time.

20171205_152954.jpg

20171205_152944.jpg

Back