Ribs for Saturday

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ribs for Saturday ... pron added!

1. The ribs... Took a second glance at the market to see if there are any ribs left from the holiday weekend. Anytime full pork slabs ribs are under a buck a pound ... I'm a happy camper.

PICT0255.jpg

PICT0254.jpg

PICT0253.jpg

2. Plan was to smoke all three (KC trim) started on @ 9:00 AM using K for coals. Each slab was too long... went with (2) vertical half racks drizzled with apple juice.

3. Saw the weather forcaast... a string of heavy thunderstorms heading my way... DANG! Break out the 9 foot umbrella when the sky opened up on me and the smoker.
PICT0258.jpg

4. Dropped temp drastically... coolled down the wet smoking chamber to 200 degees. Broke out the RO lump and "sprinkled" over the charcoal bed and opened up the air vents... hoping the lump will kick start the temp back to 225-250*. YES! the lump did what I hoped... a quick spark in the firebox.

Approaching foil time soon.

There is no way in my mind if anyone told me I'll be doing what I did just today 6 months ago. The series of events listed above is the direct reflection from the support from the brotherhood. Thanks to all the brothers and sistas who have not only accepted me but also tolerated my rants, confusions, and frustrations.

Thanks to Phil... A Mentor, Tormentor, and Instigator.

From the tattooed fool. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:
That pic is awesome. Q in the foreground, stream in the background. That must be one relaxing place to hang out. I miss living by a river.

You're on the home stretch now!!! Keep up the good work.

Shewt! Don't no rain stop the Brethen! :icon_cool You go boy! :-D

Naked ribs pron!!!!

Six hours later... nakid ribs with salt, pepper, and garlic.

PICT0259.jpg

PICT0268.jpg

PICT0265.jpg

There was a total of 6... however 2 were sent expediciously by private courier to my Mom's by yours truly. Was tear-a-licious!!!!

Last edited:
Man it didn't rain there, your lawn doesn't even look wet!
Not rain, nor sleet, nor dead of night shal keep a Brethren from his slated cook. Eat up Brother you earned it.

What is a KC trim on spares? I have heard of and done (and prefer so far) St. Louis trimmed, but never heard of KC trimmed.

Back