Top 100 BBQ dry rubs..

Sorry but I have to reject this list as simply marvelous and Oakridge BBQ are not listed.

Their rubs, much like Plowboys and others listed, are top notch.

CORRECTION: OAKRIDGE IS ON THE LIST AT 18. Sorry, missed it.

Last edited:
Sorry but I have to reject this list as simply marvelous and Oakridge BBQ are not listed.

+1 on the Simply Marvelous; should definitely be on the list! :thumb:

Just my 2 cents worth but did I miss Head Country? Maybe if it's not available around the USA it doesn't get the hits? Just my thought's. :thumb:

I agree that Steph's Simply Marvelous line "deserves" to be on the list - and I pray his business makes him more and more money each year. HOWEVER, I do like that his stuff is still a "secret weapon" on the comp. circuit...and he has time to give such great customer service and attention to his products. When word gets out on lists like this, he may get too busy. ;)

Oakridge BBQ is at position 18 in the top 20.

As to Simply Marvelous not making the list, that just makes me want to buy more of Steph's wonderful rubs.:thumb::thumb:

How is the list compiled? Most sales? Taste? Who tasted them? What was the criteria?

Can't respect a list that doesn't even mention how it was compiled. But that's just me...

This one is closer than the sauces IMHO. All the ones I have tried and like are in the top 20.

EDIT: Well, Jack Daniels Lynchburg rub is #74 and that one is good on chicken.

How is the list compiled? Most sales? Taste? Who tasted them? What was the criteria?

Can't respect a list that doesn't even mention how it was compiled. But that's just me...

Good question Mista. I for one dont like Byrons Butt rub but its 3rd on the list. It would be hard to judge the rubs just by the finger test because rubs will vary depending on what meat it was used on.

I can't see the list on my "dumb" phone here at work...but if the ranking criteria is anything like the sauces it is based on retail sale and awards won...maybe one other thing. Steph's rubs have been on the market for a short time (relatively speaking) and I'm sure as word spreads he'll crack the top tier...easy! Especially after his new "Peppered Cow" hits the market! 1st and 2d place briskets back to back in Vista last weekend are gonna raise a few eyebrows! I was fortunate enough to test drive some at home in our Hot-N-Fast cooking class last Sunday...rave reviews from all our students! My wife Rhana aka "Tastebud" even gave it two thumbs up! Good job Steph...keep those hits comin'!

Exactly, this list is completely useless...BIG congrats to all those who made it :laugh:

Back