BBQ Brethren "Nuts" Throwdown!

My Smokin Nuts

Brian, you at least need to post a picture in this thread. Some of us don't know how to use those hi-tech linky things you're using.

Sigh, farkin Luddite. :tongue:

Alrighty then.......

I decided to take a literal approach to this throwdown and use my A-MAZE-N tube smoker for the first time.

Got me some almonds, some pellets, and the AMNTS.

nuts1.jpg

Put them on my Weber Performer with some cheese.

nuts2.jpg

And the final product after 3 hours. Please use this as my entry photo. :clap2:
nuts3.jpg

Nuts to you.
Lets go Nuts,
067Medium_zps1df95f6c.jpg

Titch -- that looks farking amazing! The meat balls look sooooo good and tasty and the lamb looks so good and tasty and you farking smoked fresh figs!! I love fresh figs -- but smoked and in that salad! :faint2: How will I live through the rest of today without eating that dish?

Sigh, farkin Luddite. :tongue:

Put them on my Weber Performer with some cheese.

nuts2.jpg

Can you tell me more, I'm interested in smoking nuts and cheese myself, love both. Do you have charcoal lit outside of the A-MAZE-N Tube or is it just inside. What temperature is it? Was the lid just open for the pic or do you keep the lid open or cracked to control temperature? I have a kettle and a little smoker box, I wonder if I could do this with what I already have. Thanks. Looks delicious. Homemade smoked nuts without pounds of salt, yahoo!

Last edited:
Love the crust on that pork chop, BBQ Bacon, and coconut and almond sound so great together with the pork chop. Kind of like a savoury Almond Joy with pork instead of chocolate. :thumb: I want one! Acutally, I want two!

Jay, you got some awfully delicious looking nuts............:icon_smile_tongue:

So the sauce is just a little butter & olive oil with garlic powder, onion powder, white sugar, cayenne pepper, paprika and dry mustard.

small amount like a tsp each on the spices
tbsp on the sugar.

mix and roast about 30 minutes indirect heat.

Way to go Jay.............:crazy: You just gave him the inroad to the TD.......Farking Beautiful..............:doh: Somewhere there has to be a Roadmap on Gore, so the new folks understand his ulterior motives...........:twitch:

Back