Out of my Element..HELP Goat?!?

rabeb25

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
SO.. I got volunteered to smoke some goat for a party next weekend, they want to do pulled/shredded and serve on pita bread. We have the goat, it is a kid goat from Australia and is 21.5lbs. I was thinking of smoking it on the cookshack.. Any pointers?

I have been looking at the archives but not finding much.

i might be totally wrong on this but i think bbq might not be the best way to cook a goat. it might be too lean for long smokes and may benefit from a more high heat grilling like lamb or a longer braising and stewing like curried goat. i think if it was the best way there would be more information on it and i would not risk it with hungry mouths waiting without a good back up plan, especially the first time. good luck though!

Gordon's Great Escape 2010 Season 1 episode 1 on net flicks showed an authentic curried goat and how they prepared it.

i might be totally wrong on this but i think bbq might not be the best way to cook a goat...i think if it was the best way there would be more information on it and i would not risk it with hungry mouths waiting without a good back up plan, especially the first time. good luck though!

BBQ in Kentucky IS goat.

My father smoked a goat for the 4th...he said it was real good.

google the word "cabritos"

Back