Empire State Barbecue Championship series 2010

goodsmokebbq

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We are back and expanded for 2010! Congrats again to our 2009 champ Smoke on Wheels! Visit http://www.nybbqchamp.com for full 2009 results.

Thanks to the unprecedented cooperation between the KCBS competitions in New York State we are proud to offer a trophy and cash prize of $1500 to the winner of the Empire State Barbecue Championship for 2010.

Rules for the Empire State Barbecue Championship:
1. Teams are entered automatically by competing in KCBS competitions in New York State in each calendar year.
2. Residents of any State or Country are eligible
3. Ranking in the Empire State Barbecue Championship will be based on a cumulative total of a teams four best overall scores from any of the seven KCBS events in NY State
4. Rankings will be posted on this site and updated after each contest
5. Winner will be announced and trophy presented at the last contest of the year (Winner need not be present)
Kansas City Barbecue Society contests in the 2010 series:

Roc City Rib Fest
Rochester, NY
May 29 - 30, 2010
Boston Hills BBQ Festival
Boston, NY
June 25 - 27, 2010
I Love BBQ Festival
Lake Placid, NY
July 2 - 4, 2010
Troy Pigout
Troy, NY
July 17 - 18, 2010
Brockport BBQ and Music Fest
Brockport, NY
July 30 - 31, 2010
Hudson Valley Ribfest
New Paltz, NY
Aug 20 - 22, 2010
Oinktoberfest
Clarence, NY
Sep 24 - 26, 2010
Battle of BBQ Brethren
Sayville, NY
Oct 22 - 24, 2010

Come on NY, Lets bring Lady Liberty home for 2010! :-D

You said the ranking is based on 7 contests but 8 contests are listed. Is Brockport a new One.

Gee and to think that I thought that Willie Palooza was the Empire State Championship!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

I think as long as Williepalooza gets 25 teams it will be a State Championship.

Gee and to think that I thought that Willie Palooza was the Empire State Championship!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

see rule number 1, "Teams are entered automatically by competing in KCBS competitions in New York State in each calendar year."

Williepalooza, while it may be a "State Championship" with a Governors proclamation or a qualifier for certain invitationals based on the number of teams entered, I don't think it is a KCBS contest.

We've gone to New Paltz 3 of the last 4 years. Nice time and good chow to be had.

Hey all, I've never competed in a bbq comp but would love to. Aside from becoming a KCBS member can anyone give me advice as to how to start competing? I saw there are a few local comps. and would LOVE to try my passion in a competition. Sorry to sound like a noob but well, I am and we all were at one time or another right? Thank you in advance all.

Hey all, I've never competed in a bbq comp but would love to. Aside from becoming a KCBS member can anyone give me advice as to how to start competing? I saw there are a few local comps. and would LOVE to try my passion in a competition. Sorry to sound like a noob but well, I am and we all were at one time or another right? Thank you in advance all.

Just make friends with your neighbors and I'm sure they'll be more than willing to guide you along....If they're not there will be a team that will thats a guarantee. Our first com we were lucky enough to be neighbors with The 2 Fat Pollacks team and they went out of their way to help us along with our questions.
Williepalooza will be a great first comp for you to be apart of. Anything you want to know you'll be able to find out on this site for sure. If you have questions just ask. Now go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Just emailed Willie to see if there are any ope spots left for Williepalooza. Very excited if there is. Thanks Biggs98

Why not just hang here on the east for Lake Placid, Troy and Brockport too. The entire month of July covered.

If they were back to back, I might be able to pull that off. I support the NE for my job anyway, and could work out of the Manhattan office, The Rochester office, or maybe even somewhere else in the NE, Pascataway or someplace.

But I think the gals would kill me if we lived in the 5th wheel for a month:twisted:

That doesnt proclude me from flying in though, and snagging the SoW East trailer and my NY Pit Beyoch and hitting a few. :p

Easy there Linda, we are trying to beat this guy! :p:p

Well you have to compete against me to beat me right?:icon_devil We'll see how it all goes, but I plan to try to get at least 4 in if the cards play out in my favor.

I have heard that Roc City is bomb diggity, and a cool venue, so gotta hit that.... and Boston Hill was my 1st NE BBQ experience, (and one of the coolest trophies ever)... The organizer is a little suspect:wink::icon_devil but I cant hold that against them. (haha Mike.) We'll see what the summer holds. I had alot of fun out that way... you may be stuck with me, Linda :razz:

..........I really need to finish upstairs
:biggrin:

for all of you that don't want the Lady in the KC trophy case, thanks for making my job easier...:twisted:

Back