• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hlsr BBQ cookoff

B

Blowin smoke

We are gearing up here in Houston for the Houston live stock show and rodeo wich the cookoff starts. The cookoff is at the end of this month I was just wondering who here if any one participates. It's a big deal with just a little over 500 turn ins for each catagory.
Btw I am new to the forum I am the owner of blowin smoke BBQ team here in Houston.

I know that a couple of the guys here compete at HLSR. I guess they are getting ready and not reading the boards right now.

Saulnier comes to mind first. He is with the Willis group. There are others, but my mind is not fully caffeinated at this point.

Good luck next week.

Cooter

Blowing Smoke, I cook right across from ya'll at The Willis Group.

Dr. Looking forward to shaking a hand if you can stop by. I have warned the front door to keep an eye out for you.

Chris Saulnier
832-969-5467 cell/txt

I haven't been to HLSR in too long. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

Well, we made it home. :grin: The wind kicked our butts. :cool: Our food was good. :mrgreen: Drank some beer. :razz: Visited with friends.:eusa_clap Not a bad weekend. :wink:

35th chicken
90th overall
380+ teams

Very respectable Darwin. Glad you had a good time.

... It's a big deal with just a little over 500 turn ins for each catagory.
Unfortunately, my laptop wasn't with me. I was there with DAMNIFINO.

According to our site rep, she said there were 166 rib entries, about 120 chicken and 120 or so briskets.

We did Chicken and Ribs. I didn't see the #'s, but both chicken were in the 70's and the Ribs one finished about there. I'll post some more later with photos.

Russ

Back