UDS finally complete!!

BBQWildcat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I finally got the UDS completely done. It has been cooked on for a while but only with the flat lid. I was talking to a guy at work we got to talking about how i built it. I told them that all need now is a weber kettle lid and it will be complete. He said he had one and he would give it to me for FREE. He said it had been sitting outside for a long time. A little rust and a few dings but otherwise its a gem!! I was stoked. NOw all i have to do is get it to fit my drum and Im set with double racks!!

Tuck

I finally got the UDS completely done. It has been cooked on for a while but only with the flat lid. I was talking to a guy at work we got to talking about how i built it. I told them that all need now is a weber kettle lid and it will be complete. He said he had one and he would give it to me for FREE. He said it had been sitting outside for a long time. A little rust and a few dings but otherwise its a gem!! I was stoked. NOw all i have to do is get it to fit my drum and Im set with double racks!!

Tuck

"NOw all i have to do is get it to fit my drum and Im set with double racks!!"

A hammer will work....................:smile:

Paul B

^^^ What he said.....
And yes a rubbber hammer works pretty good on the lid.

JA

^^^ What he said.....
And yes a rubbber hammer works pretty good on the lid.

JA

I found a rubber mallet didn't work, hit mine with a regular hammer and it was non for the worse. I did have wood backing up the lid. Here is a couple of pics of my lid with my mod to fit my SS drum:

DSCF5292-1.jpg

DSCF5288.jpg

Hope you get the idea..........

Paul B

Here are some pics of the drum and the new weber.. I haven't had time to fix it to my drum yet but it will be done soon!! as you can see only minor damage to the freebie.

Tuck

Attachments

• P1030719a.jpg
    P1030719a.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 136
  • P1030720a.jpg
    P1030720a.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 135
  • P1030721a.jpg
    P1030721a.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 135
  • P1030722a.jpg