EGGwegofest 2009

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

last weekend after too many red stripes i decided i would drive 6 hours to chicagoland just to meet ronL, willkat, and stoke&smoke at the EGGwegofest. i wouldn't have gone up there if these guys were not there.

here's what i cooked

grilled pineapple marinated in rum and brown sugar

oswegofest2009-001.jpg

pizza all day!

oswegofest2009-003.jpg

oswegofest2009-006.jpg

with homemade italian sausage from the guy next to me. i wish i could remember his name. he put out great sausage all day long.

oswegofest2009-007.jpg

this one was too big for the pizza stone :icon_blush:
oswegofest2009-008.jpg

someone asked for a vegetarian with no meat so i made half italian sausage and half cheese.

oswegofest2009-009.jpg

the vultures circle

oswegofest2009-010.jpg

and dive for the kill!

oswegofest2009-011.jpg

the people in the back of the line look pissed! :biggrin:

and here's a shot of me making bananas foster taken by AZRP. i kinda edited it a little.

P1040111.jpg

Welcome back, Brother!

I need you to call Mrs tx, just so I can seal the deal on a Large BGE.

you're supposed to put adobo in bananas foster ? :wink:

looks like a good time RTD...
No you're not. I've been to the banana secion at Wal-Mart. The adobo sauce iis placed nowhere near the bananas. Ieat bananas twice a week. Therefore, I'm an expert.i

Looks like you had a great day Rick, thanks for the cool pictures of outstanding looking food.

You are truly the pizza master, and the reason I started cooking it on a Weber kettle instead of in the oven. Great to see you back, and you should know by now that Bananas Foster don't have adobo in them, they have beer from Australia...

It was a pleasure meeting you Rick!

I learned a ton.

I didn what my tag line <<<<<< said and just shut the fark up and listened. There was a ton of good Egg info being exchanged for us newer guys, as all the veterans answered the questions (sometimes over and over).

Good also to meet Amy, as well as see Dann, Diane, and Ron again.

Got to meet a few from the Egghead forum too.

I'll try and put a summary of what I saw, ate, and learned, but I'm kinda tired. Glad I got there nice and early and to see some of all the Brethren cooks in action.

Couple quick notes:

Ron, this has happened to us on too many occasions. Lesson Learned: When we get the "it would be great to get a picture of all the Brethren together" thought, we need to STOP AND DO IT!!!

Dann: You can use a Dutch Oven at Arthur. I was bullchitting you that it was against the Amish' religion and it must be respected. I was shocked I kept a straight face!!

Looks like a good time, except for the angry mob wanting pizza.

Your pizza was fabulous, But........you need to learn how to throw the dough, hehe. I want an Egg just for pizza now, after tasting the pizza.

Ron's wings were Awsome, just wish I had more.

It was nice to meet some of you

I wish I could have stayed longer.

Whomever made the Shirmp with a spicy lemon marinade, I want that recipe. And I never thought something as simple as Cabbage and butter would be really good.

Looks like a good time was had by all (except those frowning).

I agree with Bill, wish someone got photos of all the Brethern.

Rick, I love your "perceived thoughts" from the crowd:-D

And I for one am glad there was a photo of Rick - really like the idea of putting a face with all his comments (and he does not look Mexican at all so that might explain a few things:mrgreen:)

Very cool!! You are a pro with those pizzas.
So glad to put a face with the beautiful pron you post.

No you're not. I've been to the banana secion at Wal-Mart. The adobo sauce iis placed nowhere near the bananas. Ieat bananas twice a week. Therefore, I'm an expert.i

You're no expert! My wife isn't even from wherever they pick bananas and she not fluent in whatever language that is. When I told her that you eat bananas twice a week, she howled. It's not banana, it just a sweet yellow squash with banana flavoring! (did i hit all the high parts?...i didn't go back and re-read the post, but did this from memory :-D)

This post was brought to you by Chiquita :-D

Just farkin with you Shane.

Last edited:
Rick,
How do you transfer the pizza to the pizza stone? Do you use a pizza peel or something else? Fat guy in Iowa wants to know. :-D

Back