MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
spiffs
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Second Dutch MOINK baller request

Here is my entry for a MOINK ball certificate. It took me a while to find really cheap meatballs that contain only beef. I did find fozen ones but they also contained chicken, but today I found them, so here are the pictures!

spiffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noskos View Post
Here's my entry for a MOINK Ball Certificate.

As I'm on the other side of the big pond and we don't have anything like frozen pre-packaged Italian meatballs, I hope I'm excused for making Italian Meatballs from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffs View Post
Here is my entry for a MOINK ball certificate. It took me a while to find really cheap meatballs that contain only beef. I did find fozen ones but they also contained chicken, but today I found them, so here are the pictures!
Hmmmmm....the Board of the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society has some thinking to do here.

First SPIFFS, you are hereby certified. Congrats.

The Board will have to meet in executive session next week to reconsider the waiver granted Noskos for not having pre-made meatballs in the Netherlands.

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
spiffs
Knows what a fatty is.

Let me just say that my balls were not frozen, I got them fresh from a local butcher, and that it is very local overhere, some products you can find only in a small region and not all over holland (even as small as our country is!) So if I can get them ,that doesn't mean that Noskos can get them to, he lives in a different part of Holland. Normaly I make them with frozen balls containing chicken, (I know not MOINK but these are the only frozen pre made balls I can find overhere) I just hope that this explains why Noskos made his own meatballs. So hopefully you don't have to reconcider the waiver granted to Noskos.
ps on our small dutch forum, they even talk about a MOINK day, we try to pick a date, and everybody will make MOINK balls at the same time.
spiffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
BBQ Grail

Quote:
Let me just say that my balls were not frozen, I got them fresh from a local butcher, and that it is very local overhere, some products you can find only in a small region and not all over holland (even as small as our country is!) So if I can get them ,that doesn't mean that Noskos can get them to, he lives in a different part of Holland. Normaly I make them with frozen balls containing chicken, (I know not MOINK but these are the only frozen pre made balls I can find overhere) I just hope that this explains why Noskos made his own meatballs. So hopefully you don't have to reconcider the waiver granted to Noskos.
ps on our small dutch forum, they even talk about a MOINK day, we try to pick a date, and everybody will make MOINK balls at the same time.
Just kidding on Noskos...

As for your dutch MOINK day! I would be honored to feature all your dutch MOINK Balls on my blog.

I'm going to be starting a "All About MOINK" Page on my blog. Email me at [email protected] and we can coordinate.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:11 AM   #5
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Quote:
Let me re-re-iterate what Spiffs says.

Noskos met up with me, Ron_L, billm, Stoke&Smoke + 1, and Divemaster at the first International Brethren Luncheon in April.

Noskos has been to the States before, and was on a Midwest tour when we caught him (KC, StL, Memphis, I think).

He loves the fact we can go into any market and buy butts, briskets, etc.

He told us, at lunch, how he needs to work various butchers to get certain cuts, then cost is an issue.

That being said, if Noskos asks for an exemption, that means he needs it. He has Brethren integrity through and through.

He will not compromise Brethren quality Q for his guests!!

He is a straight shooter, and I enjoyed the time we all had together.

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
BBQ Grail

Let me re-re-iterate what I said.

"Just kidding Noskos"

Email me for details.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
spiffs
Knows what a fatty is.

ok LOL you made me sweat! I will see how many people I can gather and try to set a date.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #8
noskos
On the road to being a farker

Just want to explain why I made my own meatballs, we don't have Italian style balls here, not pre-packed and not at the butchers, I looked them up on the net and there is nothing even close.

I'm pretty sure that although spiffs' balls are pre made they are not Italian style, so there is a small gray area in section 1b of the rules!

BTW, thanks Willcat98 and spiffs for standing up for me! That's what's being a Brethren is all about for me!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:06 PM   #9
noskos

Oops, totally forgot to congratulate you on your certification spiffs!!!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
BBQ Grail

Now I'm begining to remember why I stopped participating in the "certification" process...

Email me for details.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:13 PM   #11
noskos

LOL, just wanted to do your invention as much justice as possible Larry!!

Old 05-31-2009, 07:33 PM   #12
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Not only does the MOINK look good, but those stuffed mushrooms shouldn't be overlooked either...
MOINK Ball Wizard and ALF Award Recipient[/COLOR][/B]
[SIZE=2]Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and [URL="http://noexcusesbbq.com/archives/2987"]the CrockaQue[/URL][/SIZE]
zydecopaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2009, 11:46 PM   #13
spiffs
Knows what a fatty is.

LOL that's why I didn't mentioned the word "Italian"! taste was great by the way.
the mushrooms are the most simple thing you can make, take out the stem, put some cheddar inside,that''s it.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #14
jdub
is one Smokin' Farker

Are those moink balls metric? If so is there a special certification?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #15
jswordy
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
Are those moink balls metric? If so is there a special certification?
heheheh... They look darned good, no matter what size they are. I reckon I would need a metric fork to fit metric MOINK balls? Of if they are close enough, could I use a British measure fork in a pinch? Works with bolts!