• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pix (late) of my first comp in Jeff City, MO

Irrad8

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Here are a few pix of our camp set up at my first comp a couple of weekends ago. We had another EZ UP but the wind got the best of it. We had tie down straps holding this one to my truck.

Attachments

• 100_1906 (Small).JPG
    100_1906 (Small).JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_1907 (Small).JPG
    100_1907 (Small).JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_1908 (Small).JPG
    100_1908 (Small).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_1910 (Small).JPG
    100_1910 (Small).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_1911 (Small).JPG
    100_1911 (Small).JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_1913 (Small).JPG
    100_1913 (Small).JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 173
BTW Bill, I didn't want to post your close up without your OK.:rolleyes:

Hats off for dealing with that weather during your first comp. Hell hats off to everyone who cooked at Jeff City or Osage.

So the question is...How do you think you did-preparedness wise?
Were you happy with your turn ins?
And most importantly-did you remember to have fun?

newguy, I joined up with Paydabill and he has been competeing for about 5 years so he helped me get ready. I let him do the assembly of turn in boxes and I was the runner. Even though the weather s#*ked, yes I really did have fun and looking forward to more. It would be hard to be a first timer without a mentor. I don't mean to discourage anyone from doing it because it can and has been done. It is just easier having someone with experience help you out.

Last edited:
Looks like you were prepared. Our first comp we had nothing but 1 table, a smoker and chairs. Of course it rained, but we still had a lot of friends. Our stupid mistakes helped us meet a lot of people.

how was the weather we did this contest last year wow it was bad

york

Nice set up, I bet you had everything you needed, you are your father's son. Glad you had fun and placed well.

Topper looks good on truck.

Forgot: Where is the meat pron?

where is jack i don't see him laying around? Glad you had fun i'll try to stop by at the next one.

congrats on first comp. and dealing with the weather. That is the one thing that will be the variable at any contest, the rest cooking, prep, presentation, etc. will all become habit after a while.

good luck and hope to see ya out there!!!

Back