MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #16
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonnblack View Post
So, even though i have my own answer to this, i want yours.

Not counting personal time (since everyone values time differently, this cannot be a part of the equation) is the PBC worth it for the price? I mean, i can crank out UDS's for under 100 hundred bucks all day long. So not counting people who couldnt build or doesnt have the sources to build a UDS. Is it worth it?
Personligt mener jeg, at svaret på dette spørgsmål er .... godt, um, lad mig sige det på denne måde. uden yderligere flagrende af armene frem og tilbage .. her er svaret på dit spørgsmål .... okay, er du klar? vente, indtil jeg er færdig med alle de store commericials og se mig ændre mit grimme tromle ryger til at hænge kød. Kort sagt, gør dens den hængning, at det særlige. Hvis du kan lide tingene mindre også, thats en god grund til at købe det. Jeg tænker allerede på hvordan man kan gøre det variable, men de er andre videoer.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->

Old 03-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #17
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Bigabytes Version of My "serious" review.

Edict.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #18
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Edict.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #19
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
hey Chris... U ready?
I grabbed some Scotch, so I guess so.

Wait, let me knock a couple more back first.

OK....oh, there it is already!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #20
rifraf
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
I think i caught all that

Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #21
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

s h i t! I just realized the rib falling into the pit is in that video!!!! And I overrode the word censor...

tune in tomorrow for "Ribiside!"

Edict.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #22
bigabyte

That was an improvement.

It got even better when time got all weird on me. It was like deja vu, only different!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #23
bigabyte

Then again...maybe it was the Scotch that helped.

Duh.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:17 AM   #24
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

Default PitCooker T - The Truth about the PBC SERIOUS Review Part One

I'm a bit disappointed as well. You kind of lost all credibility when you wore the jeans. Dockers would have done the trick.

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #25
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonnblack View Post
So, even though i have my own answer to this, i want yours.

Not counting personal time (since everyone values time differently, this cannot be a part of the equation) is the PBC worth it for the price? I mean, i can crank out UDS's for under 100 hundred bucks all day long. So not counting people who couldnt build or doesnt have the sources to build a UDS. Is it worth it?

Hell I will just answer this in English.

It depends... in much the same way you are saying time is valued differently, so is what people want to do with it or CAN do with it.

Obviously you can see I have the skills and tools to make a UDS.... but it took me FOREVER because I was too damn busy with my big smokers. Anyone can be too busy, sick, or whatever to build the UDS as you say.

Here is my opinion on who the PBC is for... and with that... there is a caveat too.... represented by the Sinatra song "a Very Good Year."

It is for the guy that simply does not want to go hunting for a drum... that's a hassle for some... and what if you have a car? The guy that doesn't want to be guessing what was IN the old drum. The guy that doesn't want to burn it out, or buy a bunch of drills and bits and hardware to make it work BUT HAS ALL THE CRAP HE NEEDS IN THE KITCHEN TO PREPARE, RUB, GLAZE AND SMOKE whatever the rest of us do.

After using it...it also could be a good idea for the guy that does not want to sacrifice some meat while he tweaks his UDS.

Now I understand that this is what some guys just like to do. But not everyone.

So... to you... it may not be worth 230 (with the discount). I completely understand that and have always said it.

To someone else it is... Is the PBC better than the UDS.... well I have not been with it long enough to say. Its kinda like cheating on the wife with a younger, skinner version.... eventually.... well.... limitations and baggage catch up with the "newness."

So if you are thinking of building for the sake of building a UDS... go ahead... heck, don;t think in a few weeks I am not going to mod my UDS with 4 holes EXACTLY where the PBC's are places, get two sections of rebar and make a UDS, with the PBC hanging system and a diffuser!

But for those that wanna get going now... for what? another few bills... and I will say MY SCREWDRIVER definately cost me more than this PBC cost me but I have those twin ball valves....

The caveat? I have a 6000 pound smoker that cooks 70 briskets, a 1200 pounder that cooks maybe 12... a weber that burns them, a UDS that will cook a couple I guess (no weber lid yet) and this PBC...... since I cook 275.... guess what I'll be using? Either the UDS or PBC....

Edict.

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #26
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
That was an improvement.

It got even better when time got all weird on me. It was like deja vu, only different!
thats vuja dey

Edict.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #27
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:

It is for the guy that simply does not want to go hunting for a drum... that's a hassle for some...
THAT is the heart of the matter.

I went through this same mess trying to decide between a 22.5" WSM and building the UDS.

I have been trying to follow some of the commotion that has been created around here by the PBC. Seems like a lot of people like it all of a sudden. When John Dawson did his review of this product quite a while back, it didn't seem to catch on like it did when a group of people here all got them at the same time.

Seems like a lot of UDS owners feel threatened by this cooker for some reason. Not sure why...

Making BBQ takes some heat, meat, know-how, and patience. What tools you use to bring it all together don't matter so much as long as you are happy with them.
JMSetzler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 AM   #28
smokiefrank
Looking for a meat flute to smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
start dry humping my leg
The only bit of the thread so far that i understood. Fat lot of good it did me. And they reckon aussies talk sheet.
smokiefrank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #29
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiefrank View Post
The only bit of the thread so far that i understood. Fat lot of good it did me. And they reckon aussies talk sheet.
weird, considering the initial video, this the on;y thing that seems cryptic to me...

Edict.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #30
deguerre

I find the idea of having a set and forget roaster with smoke in a package with a small footprint AND the ability to hang the meat easily quite appealing.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote