MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #46
Astroimage
On the road to being a farker

The "Boys" can go hunt'in, I'm hanging with you!
Astroimage is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #47
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Nah. My BIL does tanning though and gets a lot of free hides from his old hunting buddies. I've got a nice wallet he made for me about 10 years ago and it's still in great shape after being in my back pocket for that long. Wish he'd make me a Mountain Man hat and jacket like his though.
Guerry that's great! Your BIL sounds like a resourceful man. I'm sure your wallet is awesome!!
Yes I do know how to tan. I looked at these hides for a long time before deciding I didn't have the space to store them in a freezer, didn't have time to salt them and didn't have any idea when I would get the time... so I gave them away. I have an old frame made from rebar for stretching and scraping the hides. Just haven't had the time in the last couple of years.
I've made a lot of belts and horse tack. Just something I was taught how to do and will remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Mordha View Post
Hey Jeanie!

I've been too dang busy hunting to smoke or cook lately! I did harvest me a California Blacktail for my 1st deer tag, tried like hell to fill my 2nd tag but to no avail. It's waterfowl season now, which is even busier time of the year for me than deer season.

That's great news that everyone got their deer! Fresh venison and the cold winter months, not a whole lot finer things in this life if you ask me. I'm going to update the blog here soon, with a summary of what I have been up to and I am hoping to see some smoke billowing from my weber here real quick!
I had the feeling you were too busy to get online!! Know the feeling. Congratulations on that Blacktail! I'm happy for ya! I am sure you will put it to good use. Hope your bird hunting goes well too. Looking forward to your blog update and your cooks!!
You really need to stop by more often. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroimage View Post
The "Boys" can go hunt'in, I'm hanging with you!
lol Astroimage, thanks!! Bring beer and ice please.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #48
PitRow
is one Smokin' Farker

LMAO! love the cracker crumb making device! Seems like something I'd do.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #49
Mark R
Knows what a fatty is.

As allways, awesome cookin Jeanie!
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #50
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

It has been very hard not to tell Jeanie how good her balls look because frankly, I'm a sissy boy when it comes to eating that kind of stuff, they scare me. But this thread just will not go away no matter how much I don't want to look at Jeanie's balls anymore.

So I will say this...you are one resourceful gal Jeanie. I can't wait to see your next invention. Now be quick with it will ya?

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #51
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

How did I miss this! Fantastic cowgirl! Very creative!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #52
Pugi
Full Fledged Farker

My local resturant burned down awile back that served rocky mountain oysters, they were awesome!! I liked them with fry sauce.
Pugi is offline   Reply With Quote