MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Terry Knife
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Techniques for reheating Brisket

Hey all,

Been a long time since I've been around this awesome forum, pretty much since our restaurant and catering operation took off Spring of 2012.

Anyways, I am doing a friends wedding next weekend that is 3+ hours from home. Due to a lot of logistics and complications I am hoping to smoke briskets the day before and bring it over cold to be reheated in a commercial kitchen there; which is something I have never done. Have always served brisket immediately after resting.

Can I hear some techniques or ideas on how to best do this?

Old 10-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Wrap LOOSELY in foil and reheat in Alto Sham or a similiar unit that has heat and moisture control.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
okiej
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeff

I am no expert so take that into consideration. It can be done! I just did it last weekend. You did not mention how much meat or whether it will be pulled sliced or whole. We reheated approximately 20# of pulled pork and 20# of sliced and pulled brisket in a commercial oven. each was in a 16 qt roaster pan we would use to keep it hot in. We covered it with food service wrap and then with foil. into the oven at 300f for about an hour and then held it for a bit. We heated some more later as it was going fast. A great success. I'm not sure of the exact time or if the temperature was adjusted since I was in the wedding. I got it started based on a local restrauntuer recommendations. Then I left it to a couple kitchen helpers I hired from the restaurant for the occasion. It was great we served approx. 150 people and had nothing but compliments on the food.
okiej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
HTGGUY
Knows what a fatty is.

Vacume pack, after slicing. Reheat (in bag) in a pot of simmering water. Open bags after 1/2 hour. Just like fresh off the cooker.
HTGGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
cynfulsmokersbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTGGUY View Post
Vacume pack, after slicing. Reheat (in bag) in a pot of simmering water. Open bags after 1/2 hour. Just like fresh off the cooker.

Winner, Winner, Brisket Dinner!

this is what we do, or you can leave in the Vacuum pack, and wrap in foil and reheat in the ovens. We do both and both come out fresh, moist and tasting better than fresh cut.

For some reason it seems to me that reheating the brisket in the vacuum pack takes the moisture and juice back into the meat and it eats better than ever.
cynfulsmokersbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

Just like cooking it, lots of ways to do what your asking.

As for me, I'd not slice it, larger meat retains more moisture. Vacuum Seal, freeze it. Thaw it out and warm in your own pit if you don't have access to Alto-Shaam or other oven.

Slice like its fresh off the pit. Just did 18 like this and the only ones that came out dry were cooker ( me ) error before they were frozen.

Best of Luck!
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #7
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

I vote for leaving it whole. Put it in a pan cover with foil and reheat to desired temp. I have also taken it off early and finished cooking it in the oven to reheat it.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

since your workiing away from home base always get everything done as much as posible....slice and bag and even if you dont have a vacuum sealer, use zip lock bags, just be sure to be sealed...you only will need a few minutes in the hot water..
sliced ahead of time will be just fine and you you will thank your self that night..