• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Carne Guisada?

cirk

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone made this dish by grilling or smoking the meat first?? Got a rainy weekend coming up and hoping to make some tacos!

I have not made Carne Guisada, but I do make my own version of carnitas on the smoker. It is not exactly the same, and is certainly not authentic, but it is very good.

I certainly think it is worth trying.

CD

I have not made Carne Guisada, but I do make my own version of carnitas on the smoker. It is not exactly the same, and is certainly not authentic, but it is very good.

I certainly think it is worth trying.

CD

I make carnitas a lot and it's one of my favorites...

I have made guisada a few times, but always on the stovetop. I think smoking the meat first might give it a great new flavor dimension. Just don't give it too much smoke flavor, the guisada gravy is delisious and you wouldn't want to overpower it.
I think I will try this myself soon, it sounds good. I think I would reverse sear it by smoking it to a rare condition, cube it, and then sear it in the skillet.

I like to use brisket that I've trimmed well. I'll smoke it 45-60 minutes to pick up some flavor before cutting it up to add to a pot or dutch oven if I'm cooking it on a pit. I don't cook the meat too much because I want the flavors to blend while the meat is becoming tender. I trim the fat pretty aggressively to avoid too much rendered fat floating in the pot.

It's one of my favorite meals.

I have made guisada a few times, but always on the stovetop. I think smoking the meat first might give it a great new flavor dimension. Just don't give it too much smoke flavor, the guisada gravy is delisious and you wouldn't want to overpower it.
I think I will try this myself soon, it sounds good. I think I would reverse sear it by smoking it to a rare condition, cube it, and then sear it in the skillet.

I smoked then seared and left rare used blade steak

Last edited:
Back