Some DO Bierocks

Dang, that looks good! Throw a little BBQ sauce in the mix and I'd probably eat the whole batch of 'em!

Did you use AP flour or self rising flour? The filling reminds me of my wife's Polish grandmother. She made cabbage rolls with a filling similar to yours. I think it was called gawumke. Spelling is probably wrong on that name. Thanks for your post.

Yeah, mmm...hmm, nothing fancy...nothing to see here people. Jeanie's just making some Bierocks. Move along now. Yeah right! Those look awesome! :thumb:

Thank you Jason and Mike! :)

Did you use AP flour or self rising flour? The filling reminds me of my wife's Polish grandmother. She made cabbage rolls with a filling similar to yours. I think it was called gawumke. Spelling is probably wrong on that name. Thanks for your post.

Thank you ribsrdone! I use AP flour for this. Your wife's grandmother's recipe sounds interesting. Maybe they are the same thing as bierocks. I will look for gawumke... thanks!!

Yeah, mmm...hmm, nothing fancy...nothing to see here people. Jeanie's just making some Bierocks. Move along now. Yeah right! Those look awesome! :thumb:

lol Jason, it was nothing fancy. Thanks friend! :hug:

tpope Thank you!! :mrgreen:

lol Hoss I would have spit the batch with ya. Thanks! :mrgreen:

I was a little disappointed at first to see no actual 'bier' was involved in this post, but then I saw the end result and I forgot about that, awesome once again Jeanie!

I'm bookmarkin' this thread for future use. Love cookin' in a dutch oven. Thanks for the inspiration to get it back out.

Golumpki is awesome but the ones I have tried are tomatoe sauce and rice filled. Did you use deer hamburger in those?

I was a little disappointed at first to see no actual 'bier' was involved in this post, but then I saw the end result and I forgot about that, awesome once again Jeanie!

lol Clayfish... I had bier to wash it down. Thanks!! :mrgreen:

I'm bookmarkin' this thread for future use. Love cookin' in a dutch oven. Thanks for the inspiration to get it back out.

Thank you Trawlerdog! Looking forward to seeing your DO cooks... hope you take lots of pics for me. :grin:

Golumpki is awesome but the ones I have tried are tomatoe sauce and rice filled. Did you use deer hamburger in those?

JC Thanks! I and not heard of Golumpki...sounds tasty with the rice. I used regular ole beef in these but venison ones are good. Thanks again. :thumb:

Blue, Thanks friend!! :hug:

What was the approximate temp you were cooking at?

Thos look amazing!

Thanks Grizzly6! In a regular house oven I cook them at 350F.. I cooked these at a lower temp, closer to 300-325. Had some other things going on and just stopped by to rotate the lid once. Didnt keep a close eye on them. lol

Thanks again!

They look amazing! Did you let it sit and rise or throw the coals right on?

Back