Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Racing for the BBQ - Kansas City MO - Aug 6-7

I'm cooking it with a college friend who introduced me to competitive BBQ. Kind of a last minute idea and with most of my equipment in the trailer at Don's, we'll be cooking on a WSM and his offset. We're also both working a full day Friday so we won't be out there until after 5pm.

Bobby, you have to have equipment in before 3pm Friday or else you MIGHT not be able to get in until after the races are over that night. I will probably be going to drop off equipment Thursday evening and coming back to set things up around 7 am Friday. Then off to work and back by the cooks meeting at 5:30 (I think it is).

I'm dropping the trailer Thursday. Ken told me no problem about showing up after work. However, I'm not sure if he understood that we'll need to drive back their as the truck will have the coolers, various supplies and our larger cooker.

I think I'll call him back to make sure everything is clear so we don't have any last minute issues. We likely won't be making the cooks meeting which he was fine with.

Jeff - thanks for the point on the equipment in by 3. Looks like I'll be heading out there early Friday

This is gonna turn into a cluster for me. Doubt I will leave work before 4:00 or so Friday. :rolleyes: Gotta time everything just right on this one. Thankfully Kenneth is ok with dropping off equipment Thursday night.

I just heard that Pellet Envy has decided to cook this event. Hope everyone has fun this weekend

I'll drop off Thursday night. I, too, am working a full day at the office.

Good luck to everyone cooking! I will not be cooking as I am writing you from Denali National Park in Denali Alaska! You guys have fun and will hopefully see some of you at Emporia middle of August!

My boy is cooking it...Slabs of Approval. I'm going out on Wednesday evening to help Kenneth cook some pork and I'll go out Thursday with Brent for him to drop some of his stuff off as well.

Maps and last minute info was emailed out last night. If you didn't receive let me know and I'll forward.

Only recognize about 10-12 regular competitors at this event ... of course, 3 of them are among the top teams in the nation.

We're in generator city - opted for that so we could use AC. Hope our neighbors have nice quit gennies :rolleyes:

Maps and last minute info was emailed out last night. If you didn't receive let me know and I'll forward.

Only recognize about 10-12 regular competitors at this event ... of course, 3 of them are among the top teams in the nation.

We're in generator city - opted for that so we could use AC. Hope our neighbors have nice quit gennies :rolleyes:

I'm a late entry. Can you email the list and map? todd@plowboysbbq.com

We're running our new one for the first time this weekend, rated at under 70 db, so should be good with us, esp. since I don't think we'll pull the full 6000 watts of power off that thing :-D

So we've got GAB Invitational Champ, GAB Open Champ, KCBS 2009 TOY Overall, Royal Open Champ, and Royal Invitational Champ... COOL!!!

The boys are stoked for the races.

I'll drop off Thursday night. I, too, am working a full day at the office.

Typically, I'd be disappointed to have to sit in the office all day while the contest set up is going on. But this particular week, I'm looking at it like this: I could set up early morning and sit there all day in a blast furnace with this weather we're having OR... I could set up a bit, head off to sit in my air conditioned office all day then go back out at dinner time to get down to bitness. The choice seems obvious to me. Screw the heat!

Chicken is trimmed and scraped
Love the money muscle on one of the pork butts
Parsley is having a drink of ice water
Webers are packed ... now, where's the on/off switch?

Typically, I'd be disappointed to have to sit in the office all day while the contest set up is going on. But this particular week, I'm looking at it like this: I could set up early morning and sit there all day in a blast furnace with this weather we're having OR... I could set up a bit, head off to sit in my air conditioned office all day then go back out at dinner time to get down to bitness. The choice seems obvious to me. Screw the heat!

We've got air conditioned camper and air conditioned BBQ trailer. :thumb:

We are cooking in this as well. So much for thinking this was going to be a low key contest. Why aren't all you at Laurie?! jeeez.... :p

I just lined up a Backwoods to borrow ... now to find time to get it.

Pellet Envy might have a couple of ez-grills that he might let you have.:becky: Sorry I have nothing to loan.

Back